News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

It was only 29° C here today, with 25% humidity, so quite a pleasant day.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 02:15:02 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 01:50:52 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 01:44:59 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 01:25:11 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 12:52:49 PM
It's not even 11 am yet and it's already 33 degrees Celsius (91,4 F).  :desert:

Could you wrap some of that up, in a well insulated package, and send it over please, Silver.

Not too much, say about 26C worth?

I would gladly, Dave! Wanna trade places? :grin:

Just long enough to get me feet and knees warm!

:D

I had to turn the AC on, it was unbearable. To hell with the electricity bill!

Do you like beaches, Dave?

:hammock:

This one's a bit far from where I live but I can dream, can't I? :P
I am not a beach person in terms of laying around absorbing cancinogenic radiation. They are only for fun driving, flotsam and jetsam collecting, access to the water for scuba diving, fishing etc.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 02:31:25 PM
I am not a beach person in terms of laying around absorbing cancinogenic radiation. They are only for fun driving, flotsam and jetsam collecting, access to the water for scuba diving, fishing etc.

Fishing? :headshake: I like to ramble on and on, and I am told that scares the fish away.  :blahblah:

(You could lay under a beach umbrella. :P )

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 02:42:48 PM

Fishing? :headshake: I like to ramble on and on, and I am told that scares the fish away.  :blahblah:

I see absolutely no point in laying on a beach under an umbrella! Might as well stay in the comfort of an airconditioned room and look through the window. Oh, I suppose I do enjoy letching at fit female bods for, oh, all of ten minutes.  My own bod is not fit for public display, might frighten the sea horses. It would go counter to my Golden Rulish ethic, do not do to others that which pisses you off.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

I see absolutely no point in laying on a beach under an umbrella! Might as well stay in the comfort of an airconditioned room and look through the window. Oh, I suppose I do enjoy letching at fit female bods for, oh, all of ten minutes.  My own bod is not fit for public display, might frighten the sea horses. It would go counter to my Golden Rulish ethic, do not do to others that which pisses you off.

Oh Dave, I shall have to send some proselytizing travel agents over to your place to try and convince you that beaches are lovely places. Where else will you experience the sensation of getting sand in your hair (only in your hair if you're lucky), the adrenaline rush caused by running away from crabs coming at you with their open claws held high up, the implacable sun whose rays seem to find you even under a beach umbrella? It's great! :grin:

Expect a visit by Tuesday.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Oh Dave, I shall have to send some proselytizing travel agents over to your place to try and convince you that beaches are lovely places. Where else will you experience the sensation of getting sand in your hair (only in your hair if you're lucky), the adrenaline rush caused by running away from crabs coming at you with their open claws held high up, the implacable sun whose rays seem to find you even under a beach umbrella? It's great! :grin:

I will have the shitgun waiting.

[That is not a typo.  :grin:]

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 09:05:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

I will have the shitgun waiting.

[That is not a typo.  :grin:]

:headshake:

:P

Biggus Dickus

So Friday at noon we had our Christmas luncheon, it is about a 30 minute drive on a good day, and Friday it was snowing again. Everyone left the office about 1100 to there by 1145 which was the scheduled start time. I had to deal with a couple work related fires so I had to leave a bit later, but I told my boss I should arrive by noon.

I'm on the freeway, fairly heavy traffic moving slower than normal because of the snow, as it is a bit slick out...at one point traffic slowed down even more because a truck had jack-knived on the other side of the freeway and everyone was slowing down to take a look as there were both fire and police there.
At this point a large semi in the lane next to me was trying to merge over so I let him get in front of me, and as he completed his merge all of the snow and ice that was accumulated on the top of his trailer slid off and landed on the front of my car...I was completely blinded and put on my brakes, the sound of it was like a large pile of bricks and I was sure my windshield was cracked and most likely my hood was going to be dented.

I had to get out of the car and push the snow off my windshield even before I could pull over to the side of the expressway...ended up loosing my passenger-side windshield wiper, and luckily was able to find and reattach the driver side wiper.

I sweep the snow and chunks of ice off the front of my car, which is when I noticed the front of my car was covered in blue anti-freeze liquid. They must have sprayed the top of this trailer at his yard before he left...

I end up getting to the luncheon about 1215, but fortunately I had a good excuse as any for being late...and when we left everyone could see the blue shit all over the front of my car, plus the missing windshield wiper which squeaked (Metal on glass sound) the entire time home as it was still snowing so I had no choice but to put the wipers on.

I swear to whatever god is out there that I must have a fucking bull-eyes on the my back, as I got in the big accident back in September which totaled my car, then I got rear-ended again about 3-weeks ago, and now this...I bought new wiper-blades yesterday and also got my car washed, and fortunately there doesn't seem to be any hood damage.

One of my co-workers brought up how everything always happens in threes, you know like celebrity deaths and other bad stuff, so she told me not to worry anymore cuz' I had my three bad events with the car so now I'm all done and should have no worries for a while...I just nodded and thought yes thanks for easing my mind with that superstitious nonsense. (She's a rather devout Christian, so go figure)

Tomorrow it's supposed to either rain and/or snow some more, which is perfect it being a Monday and all...Happy Holidays!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

Dang Father, with all those inciDENTS ( :snicker: ) I am glad you're ok! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on December 18, 2017, 02:57:51 AM

He's not Father, any more.  :unsure:
But...You could call him, The Member Formerly Known As Father Bruno. You have options, Dragonia...That's all I'm saying.

:grin:

Alternative facts.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2017, 06:21:31 AM

But...You could call him, The Member Formerly Known As Father Bruno. You have options, Dragonia...That's all I'm saying.

Alternative facts.  ;D

So funny, so here I am, thinking, hey maybe I'll see what kind of acronym I can come up with for  "Member Formerly Known As".......
MFKA
MFKA Father.....
I'm just making myself laugh over here.....

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on December 18, 2017, 01:02:55 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2017, 06:21:31 AM

Alternative facts.  ;D

So funny, so here I am, thinking, hey maybe I'll see what kind of acronym I can come up with for  "Member Formerly Known As".......
MFKA
MFKA Father.....
I'm just making myself laugh over here.....

Good Morning Dragonia,

Father is still okay, though I prefer the more dignified and refined Spanish version of the word , "Papasito"

Dragonia

Refined and dignified it is.......
"Papasito". I like to say it more than I like to type it.
And when I say it to myself, I have to dramatically roll the R of Bruno. You know, to make it really authentic.
:tellmemore:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on December 18, 2017, 01:27:09 PM
And when I say it to myself, I have to dramatically roll the R of Bruno. You know, to make it really authentic.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 18, 2017, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on December 18, 2017, 01:27:09 PM