News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

The Asmo is not much of a drinker either. He dislikes the taste of alcohol.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Asmodean on October 25, 2016, 10:43:13 AM

Hot whiskey doesn't count as alcohol. I believe the heat kill it.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 26, 2016, 12:19:59 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 25, 2016, 10:43:13 AM

Hot whiskey doesn't count as alcohol. I believe the heat kill it.
You just keep on thinking that  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

No, Essie May is quite right - Hot Whisky and lemon is a sovereign remedy for all man's ills.

Essie Mae

Almost makes me want to get a cold. What am I saying? Half a lemon in the kitchen, whisky in the cabinet: time to put the kettle on ....... Just in case any of life's ills decide to strike. 😉
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Harmonie

I don't want to do it - rant about the weather, again. But there's just no avoiding it this time.

Tomorrow it's November, and it is STILL hot! I mean, it's not like one random day is hot, and the rest are nice. Every single flipping day has been hot. Summer literally has not ended.

I spend a lot more time outside than I did previously, and my tolerance level for this never-ending summer, going into November, is gone. Most of the trees are still green... Geez, when I was a kid, the peak of colors happened in October.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on October 31, 2016, 09:03:49 PM
I don't want to do it - rant about the weather, again. But there's just no avoiding it this time.

Tomorrow it's November, and it is STILL hot! I mean, it's not like one random day is hot, and the rest are nice. Every single flipping day has been hot. Summer literally has not ended.

I spend a lot more time outside than I did previously, and my tolerance level for this never-ending summer, going into November, is gone. Most of the trees are still green... Geez, when I was a kid, the peak of colors happened in October.

Unpleasant weather is always a valid reason to feel grumpy.

It's starting to heat up here, possibly rising to 32C tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to summer.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Poor kids...it makes me sad and angry.

Another kindergartner asked my son, "Are you going Trick-or-treating tonight?" My son said, "Yes!" Weird kid: "They're celebrating the Devil's birthday today, those who celebrate his birthday  want to kill god."

:puke:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on November 01, 2016, 01:08:24 AM

Another kindergartner asked my son, "Are you going Trick-or-treating tonight?" My son said, "Yes!" Weird kid: "They're celebrating the Devil's birthday today, those who celebrate his birthday  want to kill god."

That coming from a kindergartner?! That is so messed up!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 01, 2016, 01:12:38 AM

That coming from a kindergartner?! That is so messed up!

:sad sigh:
Yes, it is.

My son asked me what the kid meant, so I said to him, "There is no god and there is no devil, so I don't want you to ever feel afraid of those two." He said, "OK."
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

those who celebrate his birthday want to kill god."
Disregarding A and B being unrelated, one has to ask; yes. And?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I have been seriously craving one of those meat pies that I had in England and there is nothing like them on this side of the Atlantic and I'm mad.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Is there any practical way of getting some to you?

Icarus

Buddy, hie thyself down to the supermarket and visit the frozen foods section. There you will find all sorts of exotic....maybe not so exotic,.... meat pies offered by brands such as Stouffers, Marie Callander, Amy,  and other labels. Admittedly they may not have the exact same ingredient or particular taste as our Brit counterparts would proscribe, but about as close all you can get here in the colonies.

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on November 02, 2016, 10:42:56 PM
Buddy, hie thyself down to the supermarket and visit the frozen foods section. There you will find all sorts of exotic....maybe not so exotic,.... meat pies offered by brands such as Stouffers, Marie Callander, Amy,  and other labels. Admittedly they may not have the exact same ingredient or particular taste as our Brit counterparts would proscribe, but about as close all you can get here in the colonies.
Or get a cook-book and make one yourself.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-