Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on August 21, 2016, 08:58:37 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 21, 2016, 07:16:54 PM
Quote from: Buddy on August 21, 2016, 05:28:44 AM
.... I just spent the rest of my shift imagining gouging his eyes out with a fork.

The blue ones are sweet. I find the brown ones bitter, maybe the finest example of this tastes like shit. Now the green ones, they are exquisite.

Blue ones give me a brainfreeze, brown ones taste like chocolate I find and green ones are low calorie...something like cabbage leaves.

Now those speckled with gold, those are expensive. I'd bet they're divine. Gray I've never tried. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I have to get up at 6 tomorrow. *grumble*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 24, 2016, 02:51:13 AM
I have to get up at 6 tomorrow. *grumble*
...and I'm on nights for the rest of the work week.  :nanana:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

The Asmo, on the other hand, has really good free lunch every day.  :let'seat:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on August 24, 2016, 05:24:57 PM
Ah, but remember Heinlein's novel "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and Tanstaafl, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

There is always a price to pay.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Kekerusey

Being made redundant.

Actually, I'm not convinced it's a reason to really be grumpy 😁

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on August 24, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 24, 2016, 05:24:57 PM
Ah, but remember Heinlein's novel "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and Tanstaafl, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

There is always a price to pay.
30NOK a day in deductibles, actually, with another 30 sponsored. It's more than enough.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

My Dad wants me to get off welfare so I can take over the house and he can move in with his wife. They don't get along or see each other and my Dad has been served divorce papers. That part doesn't bother me, the part that bothers me is that considering the pervious I might get stuck with a job I don't want and live with a person I don't like because he couldn't handle his crumbling marriage instead of going to school and doing something productive.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

I'm working 5:30-1:30 and 2-10 today. Yuck

And now I'm grumpy because Fall Out Boy is in Leeds and I'm not.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Brand new iPod Nano won't connect to iTunes. I've spent three days trying various fixes. I'm taking it back tomorrow.

Tonight, we went out to eat. We sat in a booth. When we were getting up to leave, I missed the table's post with my left knee, but slammed my right knee into it - the knee I had surgery on three months ago. Yes, in that split second, I forgot the post was there.  :P
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on August 28, 2016, 03:22:02 AM
Brand new iPod Nano won't connect to iTunes. I've spent three days trying various fixes. I'm taking it back tomorrow.

Tonight, we went out to eat. We sat in a booth. When we were getting up to leave, I missed the table's post with my left knee, but slammed my right knee into it - the knee I had surgery on three months ago. Yes, in that split second, I forgot the post was there.  :P
Was there a lot of cursing?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 27, 2016, 09:01:09 PM

There's always a holiday bed here if you want it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo too approves of Fall Out Boy.  :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on August 28, 2016, 06:51:30 AM
Quote from: Velma on August 28, 2016, 03:22:02 AM

Was there a lot of cursing?
No, there wasn't. For several moments, I almost couldn't breath for the pain. Fortunately, the worst of it passed fairly quickly. This morning I was rather surprised to see that there is no bruise.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on August 28, 2016, 06:52:22 AM

There's always a holiday bed here if you want it.

I'm already putting away some spare change for another trip.  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.