News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 06, 2016, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 06, 2016, 06:12:52 AM
The opening ceremonies of the Olympics was pulled of admirably well insofar as our TV coverage could reveal.  I think that the Brazilian people deserve a giant shout out. If the cops were on strike or were not doing their job then it was not evident at the ceremony.

I can only hope that the next two weeks will see the good organization and happy athletes like I saw tonight.

The government probably paid the crime lords to stay out of the ceremony.  ;D

I don't know about Rio, as far as I know the cops were on strike locally here as they do every now and then.

I haven't watched the ceremonies yet, too busy watching Suicide Squad at the movies.  8)

Was that movie any good? I heard it was terrible.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on August 07, 2016, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 06, 2016, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 06, 2016, 06:12:52 AM
The opening ceremonies of the Olympics was pulled of admirably well insofar as our TV coverage could reveal.  I think that the Brazilian people deserve a giant shout out. If the cops were on strike or were not doing their job then it was not evident at the ceremony.

I can only hope that the next two weeks will see the good organization and happy athletes like I saw tonight.

The government probably paid the crime lords to stay out of the ceremony.  ;D

I don't know about Rio, as far as I know the cops were on strike locally here as they do every now and then.

I haven't watched the ceremonies yet, too busy watching Suicide Squad at the movies.  8)

Was that movie any good? I heard it was terrible.

It as ok, not a movie I would watch a second time but not terrible either. It didn't turn out as I expected but then again I don't read the comics - which is probably why I didn't think it was a terrible movie.

Depends on what sort of prior expectations you have I guess. :shrug: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

We've been having to do a lot of overtime at work - not because we have so much work at the moment, but because there MIGHT be a large amount of work out there somewhere. I work in a pharmacy. We can't work ahead. It is rather like trying to pick fruit from trees that haven't been planted. If that huge bubble of work actually exists, but the time it gets to us, everyone is going to be too tired, burned-out, and sick to care or show up.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on August 07, 2016, 07:36:17 PM
We've been having to do a lot of overtime at work - not because we have so much work at the moment, but because there MIGHT be a large amount of work out there somewhere. I work in a pharmacy. We can't work ahead. It is rather like trying to pick fruit from trees that haven't been planted. If that huge bubble of work actually exists, but the time it gets to us, everyone is going to be too tired, burned-out, and sick to care or show up.

Sorry, Velma, my reply was liable tp make you feel worse - hope you did not see it.

Not sure what to say now . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Quote from: Gloucester on August 07, 2016, 07:50:03 PM

Sorry, Velma, my reply was liable tp make you feel worse - hope you did not see it.

No I didn't see it. There is really no need to say anything. I'm just grumbling.  :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on August 07, 2016, 08:04:28 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 07, 2016, 07:50:03 PM

No I didn't see it. There is really no need to say anything. I'm just grumbling.  :)
Maybe, but I feel "sorry" that you are in that state - though I suppose we all get fed up with work at times.

Hoping it gets better,

Dave

xSilverPhinx

It's going to be a long week, and a short weekend.

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2016, 04:52:42 PM
The worrying thing is, I entirely get it xSP. (But more details please).
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 08, 2016, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2016, 04:52:42 PM
The worrying thing is, I entirely get it xSP. (But more details please).

Classes and work during the week, work on Saturday. I usually don't mind but I worked during the midyear holidays so I'm a little tired. 

Tom62

My boss asked me whether I could clone myself ;). I'm working on 3 mayor projects at the time and 4 project leaders are waiting in line for my services. At the same time I'm doing the 2nd level support of 15 software applications.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2016, 05:26:43 AM
My boss asked me whether I could clone myself ;). I'm working on 3 mayor projects at the time and 4 project leaders are waiting in line for my services. At the same time I'm doing the 2nd level support of 15 software applications.

...And you still have time for us.  :love: :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Essie Mae

Makes me tired just reading about xSP and Tom62. Feel just a bit envious though.

I think the reason they can still make time for us is the advice to ask a busy person if you want something done Magdalena.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Sounds like fun, Tom!  ;D

Dave

Nice to be needed!

:grin:

Tom62

Quote from: Gloucester on August 09, 2016, 01:12:47 PM
Nice to be needed!

:grin:

Thanks! You've got a good point.The chances of me getting fired are extremely low. Any way, I still manage to keep a good work-life-balance.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein