News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on July 14, 2016, 02:59:59 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 14, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
I also suffer from hayfever. 
Could this be an atheist thing?  :eyebrow:
Anyone else suffers from this? Davin, do you?
It could be the wrath of a Grumpy Asmo... Who's to say..?  :???: Mysterious things are... Mysterious.
Yes.  :chin:   Mysterious things are...mysterious...Like Pahu:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2016, 06:45:02 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on July 13, 2016, 10:10:11 PM
I have confirmed once again what is my kryptonite: grass/hay being cut in my general vicinity.  >:(

Couldn't go to work today because my eyes were practically swollen shut from allergies from the day before.
The day before I went around measuring buildings in an area with a lot of farms. Apparently they had a good year for growing hay because they were harvesting already.
Do you all have any idea the amount of pollen a large farm harvester can kick up?!?!

:sneezy:
My wife was incredibly unsympathetic to this rant. Her comment "Tell the big wally to take his meds before he goes out!"
So consider yourself told!
Tell her I'm already on double dosages, and that at her earliest convenience she is cordially invited to kiss my ass.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

Was very happy to have gotten a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader for $30 off on Amazon Prime day. It arrived early Friday afternoon. I got it all set up, plugged it in to charge, and my husband and went out to run errands. Once we got home and  I finally had a chance to look at it closely, it had two sets of dead pixels on the screen. I've already got the return set up and will drop it off at UPS Saturday.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on July 16, 2016, 07:22:07 AM
Was very happy to have gotten a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader for $30 off on Amazon Prime day. It arrived early Friday afternoon. I got it all set up, plugged it in to charge, and my husband and went out to run errands. Once we got home and  I finally had a chance to look at it closely, it had two sets of dead pixels on the screen. I've already got the return set up and will drop it off at UPS Saturday.
Bugger!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2016, 08:14:09 AM
Quote from: Velma on July 16, 2016, 07:22:07 AM
Bugger!
I was quite disappointed. However, I have decided to get a refund instead of a replacement. The old Paperwhite I have still works well, although it is the older model without the 300 ppi screen.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Going to work on Saturday again.   :weepy:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo is not.  :(

...But maybe He is.  ;D

...But probably not.  :(

...But possibly is.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

If only some of your  ;D could rub off on me.

I generally don't mind, but on Saturdays I spend more time on the bus than I do at work. :sigh:

(I hate buses and don't have the money to buy a car)

Asmodean

Buses are smelly, nasty and an affront to His Omnicardriveness.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on July 19, 2016, 09:20:35 PM

:this:

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on July 19, 2016, 09:20:35 PM

Our new ones are comfortable and run every ten minutes both ways to town.  No hassle waiting in traffic queues or trying to park at exhorbitant hourly rates either.

Have to use the car to the hospital though, worst service in town there but they make a fortune from patients and visitors parking. If you can find a bloody parking space!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on July 19, 2016, 09:32:16 PM
Have to use the car to the hospital though, worst service in town there but they make a fortune from patients and visitors parking. If you can find a bloody parking space!

It's the same here in Brazil. When my mother broke her leg I had to take her to the hospital every 2 weeks for a while and we paid quite a penny. Detail: it was a Catholic hospital.

They like money.

OldGit

Quote from: Gloucester(Hospitals) make a fortune from patients and visitors parking. If you can find a bloody parking space!

That's true everywhere!  Also, you queue for the bloody machine to pay your ticket.

Asmodean

The Asmo payest with His Divine Cellphone App.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on July 20, 2016, 08:44:49 AM
Quote from: Gloucester(Hospitals) make a fortune from patients and visitors parking. If you can find a bloody parking space!

That's true everywhere!  Also, you queue for the bloody machine to pay your ticket.

At our hospital you get the first 15 minutes free.

Went for a blood test and the clinic was empty, no waiters, and the phlebotobist was fast and not chatty and I got back to the machine with one minute to go of my 15.

And there were two old ladies rummaging around in the depths of their handbags for the last 50p needed to pay their fee at the one machine that was working. I stuck 50p of my own in the slot, handed them their ticket, got mine sorted and was off before they caught up with events! Left them standing, open mouthed with hands still in bags.

Saved me £1.30.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74