News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on July 12, 2016, 12:01:57 AM
Hooray for Asmo to the rescue.  G85 is the beneficiary of informed council.

I am the least IT savvy guy in the free world. It is painfully apparent that I can not find my ass with either hand when the computer is involved. That is definitely not a brag, it is a shame that I have as little facility with the magic box as a six year old. When I grow up I will get a better handle on it......maybe.
Make that a two year old. Six year olds are totally computer literate nowadays.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2016, 08:23:35 AM

I am the least IT savvy guy in the free world. It is painfully apparent that I can not find my ass with either hand when the computer is involved. That is definitely not a brag, it is a shame that I have as little facility with the magic box as a six year old. When I grow up I will get a better handle on it......maybe.
Make that a two year old. Six year olds are totally computer literate nowadays.  ;D
Saw a sub-2yo concentrating on and making purposeful looking dabs at a smartphone in Tescos. Modern "pacifier"?

Future advert:

"Baby's own tablet! Drool, pee and sick proof, fully sealed and fully washable. With cordless charger base for mains or car. Ruggedised, will withstand being thrown out of the pram onto a concrete pavement. Only £200!"

Later: might have known I was behind the wave! As here

But mine would have life access to "Babynet". (Yup, there's a "Kidnet" for slightly older rugrats!)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

^ No shit????? We actually have baby touch tablets? What is this world coming to?

MariaEvri

Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2016, 09:22:22 AM

Saw a sub-2yo concentrating on and making purposeful looking dabs at a smartphone in Tescos. Modern "pacifier"?

Future advert:

"Baby's own tablet! Drool, pee and sick proof, fully sealed and fully washable. With cordless charger base for mains or car. Ruggedised, will withstand being thrown out of the pram onto a concrete pavement. Only £200!"

But mine would have life access to "Babynet". (Yup, there's a "Kidnet" for slightly older rugrats!)

oh geez. Back in my day Ihad to wait to go to college to get a friggin mobile and now every kindergarden drooler has tablets.
And now I used the b-i-m-d phrase which makes me feel ancient
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

gentle_dissident

Dave

Quote from: MariaEvri on July 13, 2016, 07:24:02 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2016, 09:22:22 AM

Future advert:

oh geez. Back in my day Ihad to wait to go to college to get a friggin mobile and now every kindergarden drooler has tablets.
And now I used the b-i-m-d phrase which makes me feel ancient
B-I-M-D, and I am not kidding, the competition in my first year of college (1972 at age 28) was who could slide the rule the fastest! The first shop-available, very basic, calculators were banned from exams, "Until everyone could afford one and had one."

My first one could manage square roots. Now I just read the complex sum into my smartphone, or "phablet" as it seems they are called now, and it speaks the answer back to me (so long as it has a connection to the super-duper computer in Google-land.) May it won't need that one day.

Pure bloody sci-fi not so long ago . . .

Guardian85

I have confirmed once again what is my kryptonite: grass/hay being cut in my general vicinity.  >:(

Couldn't go to work today because my eyes were practically swollen shut from allergies from the day before.
The day before I went around measuring buildings in an area with a lot of farms. Apparently they had a good year for growing hay because they were harvesting already.
Do you all have any idea the amount of pollen a large farm harvester can kick up?!?!

:sneezy:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 13, 2016, 10:10:11 PM
Do you all have any idea the amount of pollen a large farm harvester can kick up?!?!

Yep. Benadryl is my Bff during hay season.

I wish it would stop storming so much. They are nice to listen to but I just want to be outside.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Essie Mae

I took a hayfever tablet yesterday and they are not supposed to make you drowsy, but it did. It was almost as bad as having the swollen eyes etc. I feel sorry for those hayfever sufferers among you who have to work in the countryside.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

I have confirmed once again what is my kryptonite: grass/hay being cut in my general vicinity.  >:(

Couldn't go to work today because my eyes were practically swollen shut from allergies from the day before.
The day before I went around measuring buildings in an area with a lot of farms. Apparently they had a good year for growing hay because they were harvesting already.

My wife was incredibly unsympathetic to this rant. Her comment "Tell the big wally to take his meds before he goes out!"
So consider yourself told!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yep.  :(

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2016, 06:45:02 AM
My wife was incredibly unsympathetic to this rant. Her comment "Tell the big wally to take his meds before he goes out!"
'Roids. And plenty of 'em.  8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

I also suffer from hayfever. 
Could this be an atheist thing?  :eyebrow:
Anyone else suffers from this? Davin, do you?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on July 14, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
I also suffer from hayfever. 
Could this be an atheist thing?  :eyebrow:
Anyone else suffers from this? Davin, do you?
It could be the wrath of a Grumpy Asmo... Who's to say..?  :???: Mysterious things are... Mysterious.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

I suffer very rarely from HF and I blame it on a neice  ;)

When she got married she splashed out on orchid buttonholes. I could not work out why my left eye itched and my nose kept running.

If I get an attack it usually involes me wanting to close my eyes, as if very tired. This got dodgy when I did a lot of motorway driving and the grasses and wild flowers were in full pollen mode - the suction from the passing cars pulled it from the verges onto the carriageway in visible vortices early in tbe morning.

Not sure if my persistent rhinitus started then but I go through two boxes of tissues, at least, a week (and loads of pocket ones) in any season now.

Sniff...

I fully symlathise with chronic sufferers!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2016, 06:45:02 AM

Lmao! I like your wife.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.