News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on December 14, 2015, 04:42:35 PM
Quote from: FernandaI think moving is great! It's exciting. Of course it's much easier when you get a moving company to do all that arduous work for you.

OK, but it's the endless niggling about silly legal details that drives you mad in the UK.  My buyer's lawyer has spent four weeks asking for guarantee certificates for some new windows, though we told him at the start that we can't find them.  And so on.

:eh: OG, I believe you have found someone who could possibly be more annoying than JWs.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 15, 2015, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: OldGit on December 14, 2015, 04:42:35 PM
Quote from: FernandaI think moving is great! It's exciting. Of course it's much easier when you get a moving company to do all that arduous work for you.

OK, but it's the endless niggling about silly legal details that drives you mad in the UK.  My buyer's lawyer has spent four weeks asking for guarantee certificates for some new windows, though we told him at the start that we can't find them.  And so on.

:eh: OG, I believe you have found someone who could possibly be more annoying than JWs.
And what is worse is that lawyers are paid to be a pain in the arse!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Quote from: FernandaOG, I believe you have found someone who could possibly be more annoying than JWs.

You're not kidding.  He's noticed on the plan that there's a 3-foot strip between the road and my garden wall.  We keep telling him that it's the pavement - what else?  But for some reason he has legal worries.  >:(

Bluenose

Feeling hot and grumpy. Today was 42 deg C. It's forecast to be the hottest December overnight temperature on record at 29 deg C. Aready had a couple of fires in the surrounding area, expecting high temperature and high winds tomorrow. Total fire ban throughout the state (that's an area the size of the UK.) As I said, feeling grumpy!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: OldGit on December 15, 2015, 06:20:17 PM
Quote from: FernandaOG, I believe you have found someone who could possibly be more annoying than JWs.

You're not kidding.  He's noticed on the plan that there's a 3-foot strip between the road and my garden wall.  We keep telling him that it's the pavement - what else?  But for some reason he has legal worries.  >:(

Tell him it's a landing strip for Lilliputian aviators and see what he says.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Firebird

Quote from: Bluenose on December 19, 2015, 08:33:48 AM
Feeling hot and grumpy. Today was 42 deg C. It's forecast to be the hottest December overnight temperature on record at 29 deg C. Aready had a couple of fires in the surrounding area, expecting high temperature and high winds tomorrow. Total fire ban throughout the state (that's an area the size of the UK.) As I said, feeling grumpy!

I forget, which state are you in?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Bluenose

Quote from: Firebird on December 19, 2015, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on December 19, 2015, 08:33:48 AM

I forget, which state are you in?

Victoria,  in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Harmonie

Ooh, the weather's making me grumpy, too! Like, I thought the past several winters were lame? This one really takes the cake.

It's the day of the Winter Solstice, and the trees are trying to grow their leaves back. Seriously.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

OldGit

Over here, too, temperatures have been ridiculously warm: 56 to 60 F.  All sorts of stuff is growing - flowers, grass, even strawberries are forming.  I've already cut our lawn once this month and need to cut it again if it gets even moderately dry.

ETA By the way, I'm at 52 10 North.

Velma

Here in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, the predicted high is 63 F. It is already 64 F at about 1 PM. Not that I am complaining, I hate winter.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Firebird

Wow, even in the UK? It's been in the 50s F in Boston too, probably in the 60s on Christmas.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

Quote from: jjTell him it's a landing strip for Lilliputian aviators and see what he says.

OMFSM, no!  He'd spend another week querying that with my solicitors. ::)

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on December 22, 2015, 09:13:58 AM
Quote from: jjTell him it's a landing strip for Lilliputian aviators and see what he says.

When you've moved tell him that then  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2015, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: OldGit on December 22, 2015, 09:13:58 AM

When you've moved tell him that then  ;)

Good idea!

xSilverPhinx

So...at the insistence of my mother I'm now at her parent's house. They're very religious seventh day Adventists. The first thing you see when you enter through their door is piles of DVDs on creationism, the Bible and "How to be saved", just so you get some context. That doesn't bother me, the praying before meals doesn't bother me and praying practically every time we walk out the door also isn't a reason to be grumpy.

What really irks me are the conversations. Yesterday my grandfather started rambling on about how the Grand Canyon was carved into the earth because of the biblical flood, and that mankind's actions causes natural disasters. My grandmother thinks that natural disasters herald the end of the world. My university-educated uncle got inspired and started talking about how evolution is false and creationism is true.  :blahblah:

I would glance every so often to my mother who was sitting opposite of me but she would give me a "don't you dare" look. She's the only one who knows I'm a godless heathen.

Halp! 

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey