Happy Atheist Forum

Should we talk about the weather?

Tank

Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Reply #1305 on: November 28, 2021, 10:15:36 AM »
What an amazing life you lead.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
« Reply #1306 on: November 28, 2021, 06:08:15 PM »
everybody has a story, tank.

i just talk more than some

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed w/ no seeds
« Reply #1307 on: November 28, 2021, 08:45:21 PM »
everybody has a story, tank.

i just talk more than some
This is good. The world needs people who talk more than some. Those of us who enjoy listening more than speaking, we need you.
 :grin:

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #1308 on: November 29, 2021, 04:29:11 AM »
 :this:

Papasito Bruno

• Deranged Psychopathic Twinkle Toes
  • Save water. Shower together!
« Reply #1309 on: November 29, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
Friday, although cold was a very beautiful fall day here in Michigan. I spent the day raking leaves, and doing a host of other outside chores...for warmth I had kept a nice fire going outside most of the afternoon in our fire-pit. Even sat outside by the fire with a neighbor for some time.

So of course on Saturday it snowed, about 4 -5 inches I think. I wasn't too happy with the snow and having to shovel, but I have to admit on Sunday the snow on the ground looked quite nice, and the neighbor kids across the street from us made a couple impressive snow-people.

I walked over and chatted with the young girl and her younger brother while they were making the snow-people, and she corrected me when I complimented her on her "Snowman". "That's a Snow-girl," she said to me "not a Snowman", . When I asked her brother what type he was making he said, "This is Snowboy"!

...so there you have it!  8)

...inhabitants are, as the man once said, 'whores, pimps, gamblers, and sons of bitches,' by which he meant everybody. Had the man looked through another peephole he might have said, 'saints and angels and martyrs and holy men,' and he would have meant the same thing. John Steinbeck