News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

I'm grumpy because Bad Penny hasn't posted here lately. Where has Bad Penny gone to? I miss him.

Asmodean

Hurt my shoulder, so doing "everything" one-handed. Hugely inconvenient.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on May 24, 2022, 08:09:46 AMHurt my shoulder, so doing "everything" one-handed. Hugely inconvenient.
Sounds bad.  :-\
I hope you recover soon.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Eh... I'll manage. Typing one-handed, though... There's a reason to be grumpy if ever there was one.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Sorry about your shoulder. We truly realize how much better it is when everything works properly.

jumbojak

Quote from: Asmodean on May 24, 2022, 08:09:46 AMHurt my shoulder, so doing "everything" one-handed. Hugely inconvenient.

If you can do it, try hanging on a bar. It sounds crazy, but it usually helps. Much better to heal with a full range of motion.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Quote from: Anne D. on May 21, 2022, 03:06:51 AMI'm grumpy because Bad Penny hasn't posted here lately. Where has Bad Penny gone to? I miss him.

As his name implies, he comes and goes. I miss him too when he's wandering elsewhere.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2022, 07:01:54 PMEh... I'll manage. Typing one-handed, though... There's a reason to be grumpy if ever there was one.

Yeah, I injured my left hand a while back and was typing one-handed for a week. I lack hunt & peck skills, so was very slow. Hope your recovery is swift !
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Vacation over. Have to learn how the whole job thing works again... And then do a lot of it.  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on July 26, 2022, 11:59:25 AMVacation over. Have to learn how the whole job thing works again... And then do a lot of it.  :(

Working from home or in the office?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Office/car. My job necessitates it, which I like. I get remarkably unproductive when working from home. I still do what needs doing, but over the course of 12-14 hours rather than 7-8. It's them convenient distractions...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Everything on the f***ing news. I just can't be bothered to watch it all anymore.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Speaking of, I used to follow Tim Pool regularly - he did some good work... Back in the day. Hey, perhaps he still does, behind his paywalls, but it seems to me like he sort-of lost it and turned borderline-survivalist-possibly-doomsday-prepper with cult-like tendencies.

Seeing otherwise good people loose their minds "before my eyes" because current year. That makes a The Asmo grumnpy... Er. Grumpier.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Liz Truss! FFS Liz Truss!!! We are well and truly fucked!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

she does not seem to have a progressive agenda

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."