News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Anne D. on May 13, 2022, 03:19:47 AMTorrential downpours in my part of the U.S. last night. Minor flooding in our basement and a fun new leak upstairs  :(
My parents are dealing with a bit of a flooding issue. Their house is by a field that got a layer of ice this winter, and then meltwater used said ice to sort-of... Make its way to the house, in stead of draining away as it should. So apparently, my old flat (I had the whole ground floor to myself when I lived there, even though I mostly just used one room and the bathroom) is currently without a floor... And some walls. And a kitchen and a bathroom.

The insurance company is there with a small army of people and machines mending it. They think they may be finished in August. August. It's barely mid-May now.

[EDIT] Hey! 15K posts! :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

hot and humid for this area. maybe 90F and 80 percent relative humidity.

i normally refuse to use air conditioning as part of my conditioning for motorcycle racing in tbe sun in full lrathers, but i turned it on yesterday

i lived in 115+F in arizona and california for years, tho, so it appeats that i am getting soft in my old age

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Anne D.

Quote from: Magdalena on May 13, 2022, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 13, 2022, 09:09:25 AM...

[EDIT] Hey! 15K posts! :D
Woohoo!
 :devil2:

Yes, congrats. 15K is no joke.  :D  And that sucks for your folks, Asmodean. Dealing with that level of damage is the worst.

billy rubin, 90 degrees w/ 80 percent humidity definitely calls for AC in my book. And good god, 115--I can't even imagine.

After our torrential downpours, we're finally having some really gorgeous spring weather. I'm outside and it's about 75 F. And our white oak that I feared was dead is finally sprouting its spring leaves.  :)

billy rubin

when does the oak normally leaf out?

everything where i live is out of synch. we still have redbuds blooming, of all things.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

Quote from: billy rubin on May 14, 2022, 03:44:50 AMwhen does the oak normally leaf out?

everything where i live is out of synch. we still have redbuds blooming, of all things.

I can't remember exactly, but definitely earlier than this. The weird weather this year seems to have put everything out of whack.

Asmodean

Quote from: Anne D. on May 14, 2022, 02:28:45 AMYes, congrats. 15K is no joke.  :D  And that sucks for your folks, Asmodean. Dealing with that level of damage is the worst.
Indeed, but it does have its funny moments, like when mom calls in a panic over there being people in construction boots marching through her living room. With butt cracks!

I mean... Plumbers gonna plumb.  :lol:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

I saw a poster that had a picture of a chubby guy with pants so low on his body that his butt crack was exposed.  The sign was an anti narcotic plea. The text said: Say no to crack.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on May 14, 2022, 09:18:19 AM
Quote from: Anne D. on May 14, 2022, 02:28:45 AMYes, congrats. 15K is no joke.  :D  And that sucks for your folks, Asmodean. Dealing with that level of damage is the worst.
Indeed, but it does have its funny moments, like when mom calls in a panic over there being people in construction boots marching through her living room. With butt cracks!

I mean... Plumbers gonna plumb.  :lol:

May I point out that there are plumbers, and then there are certain other plumbers?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on May 15, 2022, 01:29:17 AMI saw a poster that had a picture of a chubby guy with pants so low on his body that his butt crack was exposed.  The sign was an anti narcotic plea. The text said: Say no to crack.
I believe I saw a printout of one hanging in the changing room for one of our construction rigs. :lol:

Ah, the small pleasures in life!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

It's 10:49 PM in Los Angeles. It's 73°F.
23°C.

That's too hot for nighttime.
 :tumbleweed:  :desert:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

hot up in jackson michigan. i bought new steel toed boots and didnt notice that tbey wetr insulated.

oops

cant fix that until the weekend

billy rubin

and yesterday i drank three days worth of my water.

its not really hot, maybe only 95 F, but its about 50-60 percent relative humidity and a bright cloudless sky.

billy rubin

oklahoma

sun shiney day.

100 F and 32 petcent relayive humidity

Ecurb Noselrub

104 degrees at 2:30 pm..  Heading for 107 at 5:00 pm. No wind. 31 percent humidity. "Feels like" 113. Same range for the next 3 days. No rain in sight. Damn.