News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

I tested positive for the covid thing today. Took an at home test earlier this afternoon which came back positive, and now I have just returned from Urgent Care with a second positive result.

Don't feel all that awful, just a sore throat along with some pressure in my chest. No temperature and otherwise feel fine...I took the home test as my throat was feeling weird earlier today. Didn't really have a regular cough, but occasionally I would feel the need to clear my throat, and then when I did it felt like I had a string of barbed wire caught  in my throat.  :hanky:

Fortunately I can work at home next week, so that won't be bad, but I'll probably be spending an awful amount of time here at HAF, and for that I truly apologize in advance.

I promise not to say too many penis jokes, or moan about how evil nuns or Kats are, or how god-awful the music of Abba is....I will try to focus on light-hearted banter, maybe share a story or two, and post some musical favorites along with some funny lawyer jokes.

Dark Lightning

I woke up with a seriously runny nose a couple of days ago, and a throat like you describe. Used a home-use rapid test with negative results. Directions are to retest in 48 hours.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 09, 2022, 12:16:06 AM
I woke up with a seriously runny nose a couple of days ago, and a throat like you describe. Used a home-use rapid test with negative results. Directions are to retest in 48 hours.

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 08, 2022, 11:40:18 PM
I tested positive for the covid thing today. Took an at home test earlier this afternoon which came back positive, and now I have just returned from Urgent Care with a second positive result.

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Thoughtless response by me above. Condolences for you being sick, Bigguth Dickuth, and I hope you have an easy recovery. :smilenod:

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

Mags, Darkest Lightning, and billie....thanks, I appreciate it. :o

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 09, 2022, 01:48:24 AM
Thoughtless response by me above. Condolences for you being sick, Bigguth Dickuth, and I hope you have an easy recovery. :smilenod:

Yes, me too. Get well soon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

May the virus be soon beaten, and its effects minimal.  :maskwink:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Thank you Hermes and Recusant :)

I don't feel too bad today. Woke up with a sore throat, but that is almost gone at this point. Been drinking ginger tea with lots of honey, plus quite a bit of coffee...in fact I just made myself another coffee, but I think that will be my last one for the day.

I had thought to take a long walk outside, but it's a bit chilly so I'm not sure if I'm going to take one or not. Wish I was someplace hot right now!

Maybe work on my tan 8)

Anne D.

Belatedly sending you get well wishes, PB. Hope you are back to 100 percent soon.

Biggus Dickus

Thanks Anne...truthfully I don't feel that bad, though I haven't been sleeping well. Hopefully I get a good rest tonight! :visit morpheus:

Good Night!