News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Petrol head thread!!!

Started by billy rubin, October 29, 2019, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: billy rubin on October 31, 2019, 01:11:22 AM
cool

how cAn this not be fantastic?

you have to run stock?

no sus6pension fiddling?

There were a lot of people with mods. I don't think there were any limits.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

shit sorry about typos

is it timed over a rally course?

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

billy rubin

video, please

enquirong minds are waiting . . .

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Buddy

All the videos are on my stepdad's phone, so I have to upload to YouTube but he's technologically challenged haha. As soon as I do though I'll definitely post here

I just had a great thought. I wonder if I could get a good deal on an exhaust if I buy it straight from the factory when I visit next year. I'll buy it it's own plane seat and everything  :grin:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 31, 2019, 01:03:29 AM
I'm not 100% sure. Since it was a BMW group we got put together in the "not BMW" class. I was a class C since I had no modifications.

I actually just found these pics from the event on Facebook

That's me

My stepdad

And my mom brought her Clubman for shits and gigs

Sounds like great fun :tellmemore:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Anne D.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 30, 2019, 08:32:04 PM
what is he going to be doing in the states?

He's got job interviews with Space X, Google self driving cats (yes I know its typo but it made me giffle) and Tesla. His expertise is migrating computer simulations to real world applications.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

So, earlier this month I made decision to send my lovable Alfa Romeo to the eternal highway in the sky.
Oil leaks, rust, electrical issues, brakes, suspension.....and EU-safety checks this winter. Just not worth it.
:'(

A few days later I went south to collect this little thing.

Peugeot 206 1.4l

Got it for a low price. Needs a little mostly cosmetic work. Great little engine and fantastic handling.
I really want to take it to a track some time.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

I like French cars for some reason. That's cool Dag.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2019, 01:01:46 PM
I like French cars for some reason. That's cool Dag.

You've never owned one have you.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

jumbojak

No, they were pushed out of the market during the 70s. You don't see many at all.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2019, 02:30:51 PM
No, they were pushed out of the market during the 70s. You don't see many at all.

Could be for a number of reasons, but I wonder, is the reason for them being pushed out of the market have anything to do with the quality of French brands? :P

I've never owned a French car (just Fiat and Volkswagon) but they have a...reputation around here.  :-\
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

It was a push by the then Big Three to limit competition. German and Japanese brands were already making headway and they didn't want the French getting a piece of the pie too. So they lobbied to have specific features regulated out of existence in the US.

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2019, 02:30:51 PM

I think the first generation BMW Mini had a French transmission. It's why my last one failed spectacularly.