News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Red Circle Thingy

Started by Reginus, August 13, 2010, 01:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginus

On the board index, to the left hand side of every section, there is the icon which is either red or blue.  The only way you can make the icon turn blue is to go into the section and click every single topic.

Can we change the mechanism so that it turns blue after you check the section, instead of when you have read every topic in the section?  That way, you can more easily see when someone has made a new post in a particular section without having to read every single topic.
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Tank

Hi

What you need to do is this. Just before you leave go the board index and at the top right you will see 'Mark Forums Read':-

Click in this and then only forums containing new posts will be highlighted in pink when you come back!

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hismikeness

Quote from: "Tank"Hi

What you need to do is this. Just before you leave go the board index and at the top right you will see 'Mark Forums Read':-

Click in this and then only forums containing new posts will be highlighted in pink when you come back!

Regards
Chris

Aww sweet!! Thanks
QuoteTank

I just use the View New Posts all the time.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

I tend to use View Your Posts to see what's been going on in the threads I have responded to and then View New Posts to see what new threads have started or which threads I haven't posted in have had new posts. I very rarely navigate via the Board Index unless I'm going to post a new thread.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Reginus

Thanks, I didn't see that.
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill