News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Im going to hell

Started by Xiilent, March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 02, 2012, 09:53:43 AM
I suppose it's a clean, inexpensive hobby that doesn't hurt anyone. Let them do as they please.

Exactly.  I was thinking that one could also look at this as a kind of scientific experiment to discover if there is indeed an energy in the universe that can be manipulated by prayers, chants, spells, whatever.  We are the guinea pigs and will report back to them if anything happens.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 04, 2012, 03:15:08 AM
I suppose it's a clean, inexpensive hobby that doesn't hurt anyone. Let them do as they please.

Exactly.  I was thinking that one could also look at this as a kind of scientific experiment to discover if there is indeed an energy in the universe that can be manipulated by prayers, chants, spells, whatever.  We are the guinea pigs and will report back to them if anything happens.
I suspect it will be a long wait...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sweetdeath

If someone is clearly an idiot, i must point it  out.

I dont like people    who want to pray for me. Especially strangers. When my mom was in the hospital, a lot of people had her in their 'prayers'. I found it incredibly rude and distasefyul. My mom wasnt religious. I was also very emotional for the whole 3 weeks she was in ICU, so it was not very hard not to come off like  an ass.
People shouldnt press their belief on you, so I hate it when people assume I believe in a non existant fairy king.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Hector Valdez

I suspect that an atheist who is told that he is going to hell is less offended than he is frustrated that the person who makes such a claim actually believes such a thing. An atheist believes in logic and reasonable argument. Usually, atheists tear christians a new one in debates, but there is nothing that an atheist can do to logically counter the angry cry: "You're going to hell!", and so the atheist experiences discomfort, annoyance, irritation, and above all, frustration.

Of course, even among christians, it's pretty messed up to tell one that they are going to hell, especially if they believe in hell. So I suppose the offensiveness of the statement is not to be discounted either.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 04, 2012, 07:17:33 AM

Yeah, but at least we're helping and really, who's a better subject for this than us?  It's not like we're screwing with the results by expecting anything.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 05, 2012, 02:35:55 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 04, 2012, 07:17:33 AM

Yeah, but at least we're helping and really, who's a better subject for this than us?  It's not like we're screwing with the results by expecting anything.
True dat....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-