News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Personality test

Started by Asmodean, February 01, 2016, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Yes, they do generalize. Not as blatantly as horoscopes, but still. So Barnum Effect is indeed a factor here, but personally, I agree or strongly agree with much more of my personality type's description than I disagree or strongly disagree with.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 02, 2016, 06:02:55 PM
I failed.
I'm beginning to think I failed too. I don't think I belong here.  :shifty:
The results remind me of Sesame Street - One Of These Things (is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2016, 06:32:29 PM
I failed.

Heh, rather the opposite. Your contributions to this site help keep it balanced.  :hug:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

I failed.
The results remind me of Sesame Street - One Of These Things (is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Maybe that's not the way to think about it. We have far too many of one kind, that means we need less of them and/or more of the different kinds of people.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

"The Campaigner" (ENFP-T)
Extraverted: 70%
Intuitive: 73%
Feeling: 60%
Prospecting: 69%
Turbulent: 58%.
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Social Engagement

QuoteThe ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Sure. Maybe...

Magdalena

Recusant, Davin, you guys are so nice, that was a very sweet thing to say.

No one, I don't know if flunking the test affected you as much as it affected me, but I'm gonna go burn some incense for a few days. I have Mango Vanilla, Candied Nutmeg, and...let me see...Ah! Yes! I also have Patchouli. Wanna go on a magical mystery tour with me?
Please?  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Is that an invitation to make a reservation?

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 02, 2016, 10:10:29 PM
Is that an invitation to make a reservation?
I don't know what that means, but it sounds as something someone with a "Logician" personality would ask...so, nevermind. 
:pensive:

Crow

I failed.

Well we need some kind of emotion around here.

Quote from: Davin on February 02, 2016, 01:50:14 PM
I don't think it's very accurate for me, especially the description of ISTJ-A's. Most of it feels a lot like the Barnum Effect. Plus, many of the questions I had to answer neutral because I didn't fit either side.

I don't really see the barnum effect with these, I have read a couple from the results some rl friends got and reading them you could pretty much tell they weren't relevant to myself. Whereas with the barnum effect they should apply to most people. What I do see however is a clear sales patter, starts of with positives bigging up character traits to make people feel pleased then adds in some negatives, reverts to positives again if they can get a grasp of these, clear sales pitch writing.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

PROTAGONIST (ENFJ-T)

Strength of individual traits:
Extraverted: 68%
Intuitive: 76%
Feeling: 73%
Judging: 53%
Turbulent: 58%

Strategy: Social Engagement
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: Crow on February 03, 2016, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: Davin on February 02, 2016, 01:50:14 PM
I don't think it's very accurate for me, especially the description of ISTJ-A's. Most of it feels a lot like the Barnum Effect. Plus, many of the questions I had to answer neutral because I didn't fit either side.

I don't really see the barnum effect with these, I have read a couple from the results some rl friends got and reading them you could pretty much tell they weren't relevant to myself. Whereas with the barnum effect they should apply to most people. What I do see however is a clear sales patter, starts of with positives bigging up character traits to make people feel pleased then adds in some negatives, reverts to positives again if they can get a grasp of these, clear sales pitch writing.
The reason I said it was a lot like the Barnum Effect is because when I looked at mine, the only things that "fit" were things that fit most people, and the things that didn't fit, were things the would fit most people. So it pretty much just had things that would fit most people, though focused on things that were meant to be prevalent in the concluded personality type. It's been a few days, so I can't remember any examples, if I feel bothered enough, I might go back to get specific examples.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Firebird

Your personality type: "The Advocate" (INFJ-T)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 73%, Intuitive: 58%, Feeling: 59%, Judging: 60%, Turbulent: 61%.
Strategy: Constant Improvement

Not bad. Though it's hard to tell if this test gives somewhat broad results so you hear what you want to.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"