Main Menu

pozt your own wisdom thread

Started by billy rubin, November 10, 2019, 01:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i have discovered wisdom in odd places.

recent ly i have seen some here.

post wizdom that you have discove red from people in this place

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 10, 2019, 10:01:29 AM

You'd think there'd only be one perfect example of a thing but I don't think that applies to woman, there's many very different looks that are just absolutely perfect.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

jumbojak

Never put your finger into something you wouldn't put your pecker into.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Never walk backwards in the garden of a dog owner!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i went to my daughters band competition. so cold all the brass instruments were flat sounding

on the way back we crossed various grassy bits in the parking lot. i looked dow and saw turdsm then more turds, cat turds or a small dog. but everywhere. turds to the left of me, turds to the right. into the valley of turds we went. walking forwards waz cobtraindicted, let alone backwards-like.

what is it that targets this parking lot to sprinkle turds everywhere i ask

geese, says my lovely wife. its a zuperfluidity of grus canadensis.

not a grus in sight but their spoor was magnificent

sorry that wasnt very wise i guesz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2019, 01:01:32 PM

Reminds me of an acronym I was told to beware of in business, which has stayed with me; D. R. I. P - Data Rich, Information Poor. Half the time this discourages me from collecting data at all, the other half it compels me to actually collate and use the data. Whatever, it's helpful to bare in mind.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ecurb Noselrub

Three rules for older men:

1. Never pass up a place to pee.

2. Never waste an erection.

3. Never trust a fart.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Siz

Never judge a man for using autocorrect until you've wanked a milf in his shed!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Bluenose

Quote from: Siz on November 11, 2019, 02:47:49 PM
Reminds me of an acronym I was told to beware of in business, which has stayed with me; D. R. I. P - Data Rich, Information Poor. Half the time this discourages me from collecting data at all, the other half it compels me to actually collate and use the data. Whatever, it's helpful to bare in mind.

If you torture the data long enough, they will confess...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Siz on November 17, 2019, 08:42:43 PM
Never judge a man for using autocorrect until you've wanked a milf in his shed!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames