News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Please Object to my Argument

Started by jsprouse, September 06, 2011, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 05:05:55 PM
As per usual, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post.
As per usual, you are most kind...*grinnin*...and thank you.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Guardian85

While it is not my personal favourite argument it should be mentioned that the origin of the universe, or the origin of life or whatever might actually have been random. Luck of the draw. Exceptionally unlikely, but still a distinct possibility, and if dissected using Occhams Razor it is still a more likely solution then the invisible architect in the sky.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor