News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:grin:

So far, so good. She gets her second shot on the 16th.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

here's a technique you might consider for hr if inoculation isnt helpful

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3TBsl2BHmB/

it appears to have wide spread benefits

and is said to be fundamentally illuminating

im sure you could adapt the technique

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 09:01:54 PM
here's a technique you might consider if inoculation isnt helpful

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3TBsl2BHmB/

it appears to have widespread benefits

:watching:

So buttholes are where the chlorophyll's at?  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

i didn't say that i knew how it worked

Dark Lightning

So, these guys are sort of "mooning" the sun. Are their "rings" going to get bleached or tanned? Does their junk hang in the way of the sunshine? So many questions that I actually don't want answers to:P

Icarus

Sometimes my esteemed HAF friends become really weird. 

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 07, 2021, 12:58:46 AM
Sometimes my esteemed HAF friends become really weird.
Icarus!
There you are! I was thinking about you, today. I'm glad to "see" you here. So glad that I even appreciate your comment.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Here I am Mags.  Thanks for wondering. :hug:

billy rubin

off for a covid inoculation in an hour.

have to drive an hour to do it. all th elocal stuff was booked up

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 03, 2021, 05:30:35 PM
off for a covid inoculation in an hour.

have to drive an hour to do it. all th elocal stuff was booked up

:frolic:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

lol

nothing is easy

slowed to pull onto the ramp on the interstate highway and suddenly i had no brakes.

now, i'm not fussy, but i do prefer brakes over no brakes. the pedal just sank to the floor, but i would get some action if i pumped th ebrakes.

ah, i says,  master cylinder seals shot. easy fix.

but it was not to be an easy fix.

i drove without brakes the 60 miles to the grocery store where they were administering the inoculations, went in and showed them my nearly 60-year-old vaccination book from the world health organization, with every page full and a new one stapled into the middle. the guy who gave me the injection had never seen one. and there were no entries since 1974, since i have had nothing but tetanus since that time.

before i left i bought brake fluid and salt and vinegar crisps for the daughter, went outside and crawled under the front to look. and there was a puddle of polyglycol under the near side wheel. rusted out hard line. not so easy at all.

so tomorrow i've got to go buy a length of 3/16-inch brake line, cut the line under the pan and flare it, then splice in the new piece of brake line and run it to the caliper. i should replace the entire line that runs from the wheel to the off side proportioning valve, but it was installed before they put the engine in, and there is fuck-all of space to wiggle a five-foot piece of rigid line in under th emotor. so the shade tree solution is optimal for me.

then just bleed the system and i'm back to driving the ol entropy express again.

but i have been inoculated. should i suddenly become autistic, it was nice knowing you all.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on March 04, 2021, 12:34:43 AM
lol

nothing is easy

slowed to pull onto the ramp on the interstate highway and suddenly i had no brakes.

now, i'm not fussy, but i do prefer brakes over no brakes. the pedal just sank to the floor, but i would get some action if i pumped th ebrakes.

ah, i says,  master cylinder seals shot. easy fix.

but it was not to be an easy fix.

i drove without brakes the 60 miles to the grocery store where they were administering the inoculations, went in and showed them my nearly 60-year-old vaccination book from the world health organization, with every page full and a new one stapled into the middle. the guy who gave me the injection had never seen one. and there were no entries since 1974, since i have had nothing but tetanus since that time.

before i left i bought brake fluid and salt and vinegar crisps for the daughter, went outside and crawled under the front to look. and there was a puddle of polyglycol under the near side wheel. rusted out hard line. not so easy at all.

so tomorrow i've got to go buy a length of 3/16-inch brake line, cut the line under the pan and flare it, then splice in the new piece of brake line and run it to the caliper. i should replace the entire line that runs from the wheel to the off side proportioning valve, but it was installed before they put the engine in, and there is fuck-all of space to wiggle a five-foot piece of rigid line in under th emotor. so the shade tree solution is optimal for me.

then just bleed the system and i'm back to driving the ol entropy express again.

but i have been inoculated. should i suddenly become autistic, it was nice knowing you all.

Somewhere, an engineer is sitting at his desk, feet up and laughing maniacally about this. That engineer is not me. I've seen enough stupid "designs" to last me a lifetime. It must have been fun driving that all that distance that way. Years ago, one of the wheel cylinders on my truck sprung a leak. There was nice weather, so I didn't get your experience. I was only about a mile from home, so I carefully judged traffic, drove slowly and used the parking brake to slow down/stop. I didn't waste any time with the old drum brake setup. I ordered a conversion kit and put disc brakes on the front. Did a complete suspension rebuild at the same time. 200k+ miles on a '70 Chevy 3/4T truck, it was due for wear part replacement, anyway. The lower control arm nuts get 260 Ft-Lbs new. I used a 3 foot cheater pipe and had my 300 pound son stand on the control arm. What a bitch of a job. If I'm alive 45 years from now (I'd be 113 YO), I'm not rebuilding that front end.  :sadshake:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there should be a shuttle valve that isolates the leaky circuit so that you at least have some brakes. Does you vehicle have some weird setup?

billy rubin

its supposed to isolate the front discs from the back drums, but somehow the entire master cylinder reservoir drained out of the leaky line. this pickup isnt old enough to have one of the two-well cast iron things that were so simple

tomorrow ill try to figure out why the whole thing went empty instead of only half of it. theres a shuttle valve in there? therez no partition in the reservoir to separate the circuits

maybe the valve is in that proportioning block on the inner fender?

Dark Lightning

Yes, at the proportioning valve. At least that's how my vehicles are. Though I will confess that I don't know that for certain on my newer Kia vehicles, if yours leaked out like that. They are 5 and 6 years old, and still under warrantee, so I don't fiddle with anything under the hood. Except that I did put a new battery in my wife's car a couple years ago.