News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on December 09, 2020, 02:48:02 PM
Angela Merkel plans to lockdown Germany completely at X-Mas time. Our trip to my wife's mother now has to be cancelled  >:(.

That sucks. This pandemic has really made 2020 a bit of a nothing year, hasn't it?  :-\

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 09, 2020, 06:34:00 PM
Angela Merkel plans to lockdown Germany completely at X-Mas time. Our trip to my wife's mother now has to be cancelled  >:(.

That sucks. This pandemic has really made 2020 a bit of a nothing year, hasn't it?  :-\

Fuck Merkel, we are thinking about breaking the law here.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

The biopsy from my esophageal growths came back negative.  :frolic: They were only caused by reflux, which is now being controlled, I hope.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 10, 2020, 06:29:21 PM
The biopsy from my esophageal growths came back negative.  :frolic: They were only caused by reflux, which is now being controlled, I hope.

That's a load off!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

that is excellent.

esophageal cancer is a serious widowmaker.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Thanks, guys. I know a guy who died a painful death of it. I have to quit alcohol, though, which is kind of a bummer. I'll live longer without it. What I have is something common in older white males. The stomach lining cells start to replace the esophagus' lining cells, moving upwards as time goes on. Some of them can develop into cancer, but evidently mine aren't that type, as the doctor said I don't need additional screening, later.

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

Thanks, Silver! I'm at an age where the general trajectory of my life and health are headed downhill, and I'd like to not suffer. I have arthritis in my feet and have had three surgeries. The last one didn't help, and I probably have at least two more before I see results. I can't walk very far or stand for very long, so my weight is creeping up, and so is my blood pressure. I could easily reduce both, if I could follow doctor's orders and walk some distance. I'm thinking of getting one of those small pools that one swims into a current. I'm not keen on sharing people's effluvia at a public pool.

Randy

That's wonderful to hear! Good news!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on December 11, 2020, 12:43:37 AM
That's wonderful to hear! Good news!

Thanks! I almost didn't post anything because of your situation.

Magdalena

Excellent.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on December 10, 2020, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 09, 2020, 06:34:00 PM

Fuck Merkel, we are thinking about breaking the law here.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on December 11, 2020, 01:44:35 PM
Excellent.  :smilenod:

Thanks!

xSilverPhinx

I go free registration for a conference next year! :popcorn: It would have cost me about US$ 100 to attend.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2020, 11:04:00 AM
I go free registration for a conference next year! :popcorn: It would have cost me about US$ 100 to attend.

But is it one you want to go too? :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.