News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Hurricane season has kicked in. We could be in for a rough few days here in Virginia and elsewhere on the east coast.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 03, 2020, 05:01:59 PM
Quote from: Davin on August 03, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
Just had a month with 16 days straight with lows > 90°f. Got up to 118°f one day last week.
118°f!!?   :shocked:
:haironfire:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Randy on August 03, 2020, 08:15:46 PM
Quote from: Davin on August 03, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
Just had a month with 16 days straight with lows > 90°f. Got up to 118°f one day last week.
I'll bet the electric company had a field day with all those air conditioners running! I used to complain when we'd have a record breaking 103F. I don't think we've had anything over 100F these past few years. What we are experiencing now is normal.
My AC is having a workout.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Today the BBC and the Internet said there would be no rain. We have had one slow moving down pour so far  >:( >:( >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

106 in my town. Next 2 days forecast is 107 & 105.   Humidity pushes the feeling to 110.   Time for cold beer.

Randy

A cold beer? Make that a six pack of them. With temperatures like that hopefully you can find a way to keep the beer cool unless you are staying in an air conditioned quarters.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Looking at surface of the sun temps for the next 10 days or so.

Randy

It's 79F/26.1C right now although it feels warmer in here. The air conditioning, by the time it reaches the vent in here, doesn't seem like it is doing so well. Later on today it is supposed to get to 92F/33.3C but with humidity feels like 97F/36.1C. It will be sunny all day with a few clouds.

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Damn cold. I don't think I recall the last time my jaw and neck hurt from all the tension. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

It went from about 5 degrees Celsius to nearly 30 in a couple of days. Surely a sign of the end times. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot pleasantly mild hot
Sandy

No one

It seems to be you are derelict in your heathenistic duties. Sacrifice more virgins!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on August 26, 2020, 03:36:43 AM
It seems to be you are derelict in your heathenistic duties. Sacrifice more virgins!

Virgins, in Southern California?  :eyeroll:
Sandy