News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

That tears it! English needs more words...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Past three days were unbearably hot. Then it rained. Now it's hot and humid.  :grrr:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

BREAKING NEWS! Coronavirus has surpassed talking about the weather as a topic of choice when it comes to small talk with strangers.

Hot topics include:

"If I drink warm tea will it kill the virus?"

"Are you sure children aren't immune?"

"I coughed once yesterday. Where's the nearest hospital?"

"Can I get the virus by talking to people on the internet?"

Small talk has been fun fun fun!

xSilverPhinx

Chilly today...

I think that's great! :grin:

No one

Are there beans in that chili? Might be windy too then.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 03, 2020, 02:01:32 PM
Are there beans in that chili? Might be windy too then.

:lol: Took me a while to get that one!

xSilverPhinx

It's windy outside and there are these weird noises coming from I don't know where. Sounds as if I'm in some wooden boat at sea. I only hope the building doesn't start rocking like a boat at sea too. ::)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2020, 05:30:42 PM
It's windy outside and there are these weird noises coming from I don't know where. Sounds as if I'm in some wooden boat at sea. I only hope the building doesn't start rocking like a boat at sea too. ::)

Turns out it was a door in the next room making the creaking sounds. :doh: :P

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

We are heading into our 4th week of virtually no rain, just a couple of perfunctory showers. I'm sure that when this lockdown ends it'll piss down for a month solid  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

The wind stopped and the building is still standing. Today is a good day. A good day. ;D

Biggus Dickus

It's mid-April here in Michigan, and we've been experiencing some nice, warm sunny early spring days (Although we have gotten a ton of rain lately as well)

So of course yesterday if fucking snowed.

Not a ton of snow.

It didn't stick to the pavement at all, and was melted by late afternoon, but still it fucking snowed.

Snow shouldn't be allowed during springtime pandemics.

I'm mostly pissed about the snow because it totally fucked up our Silver Magnolia Tree's Blossoming this year.

Flowers on the tree were just about to open, today it should have been in full bloom, but the snow (And 30 degree weather) just fucked it all up.

Snow that was on the grass melted by the time I took this picture, but you can still see some on top of the bush.

Snow covered flower petals.

How the flowers look today, all brown and dingy, and they won't fill out completely now.

This is how it should look, this is a picture I took last year. In fact by the time all of the petals fall my entire lawn looks like it's covered in pink snow. Many of my neighbors will take pictures of themselves in front of the tree when it's in full bloom, and their kids love to play and run through the flower petals.

Fucking snow.

Whole year is now fucking shot to hell...fuck.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

That's a pity, Papasito Bruno. Such a pretty tree in bloom.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2020, 06:35:24 PM

I know xSP, me haz the saddies :-X

Not long after I posted my gripping account of this travesty I received a text message from a neighbor who lives across the street from me about the tree, he remarked how bummed out he and his wife were as they can see the tree from their kitchen window, so they really enjoy the view when eating at their table every day.

They haz saddies too :'( :'(

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 16, 2020, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2020, 06:35:24 PM

I know xSP, me haz the saddies :-X

Not long after I posted my gripping account of this travesty I received a text message from a neighbor who lives across the street from me about the tree, he remarked how bummed out he and his wife were as they can see the tree from their kitchen window, so they really enjoy the view when eating at their table every day.

They haz saddies too :'( :'(

It snowed all day here today, I mean literally for hours on end...Thank a god or goddess the frost has already been coming out of the ground so it didn't stick, and has mostly melted. I think if we had gotten this two weeks ago when it was colder we would have got close to 6-8 inches at least.

Enough already with the snow, I want sunshine and hot weather. (I think I'm feeling this way as I should have just returned from a nine day vacation in Honduras...instead I'm stuck here with the snow)

Plus, today is our trash pickup. I heard the garbage truck coming down the street, and I remembered I had some additional trash I wanted to take out, so I threw on some crocs, grabbed the trash, and ran outside to the street to toss it into the receptacle.

Of course I slipped, and fell onto to my ass right in the street, and of course it was in view of the driver of the garbage truck who gave me a jolly wave and grin as I sheepishly got up from the cold, wet cement.

I waved, and grinned back at him as I slowly made my way to my front door.

By the way a friend of mine gave me the crocs at Christmas as a gift, because I was always making fun of him when he wore his crocs...have to say they come in handy around the house.(I would never, ever wear them out though, just saying...I'm not like that)