News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Let's not talk about the weather today. Instead, let us talk about the fine umbrella that was taken from me -- too soon -- by a sudden upward gust of wind. Clutched by this force of nature, my protective instrument turned inside-out soared to the sky as I lost the tug-of-war.

Let us remember the umbrella that has gone from us forever, and let us give thanks for the many days of protection it has provided its owner.

Rest in the trash bin. Amen.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2019, 12:08:24 AM
Let us remember the umbrella that has gone from us forever,

Which way was it going?
I'll keep an eye out.

QuoteHello, I saw you, I know you, I knew you

I used to know the weather, hot in summer cold in winter, sometimes rain, variable but not so weird as now.
Fires that started mid winter and still smoulder.  A thunderstorm, don't keenly anticipate a bit of rain, fear a lightning strike causing havoc.

QuoteHundreds of koalas are feared to have died in an out-of-control bushfire in northern New South Wales which has raged unchecked for days in the heartland of their prime habitat.

The blaze, reportedly caused by a lightning strike near Port Macquarie, has burned more than 2,000 hectares, including an important koala breeding ground.

No one's looking, add the sad koala pic

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 30, 2019, 08:34:05 AM

Which way was it going?
I'll keep an eye out.

It went up and away, not down under.  ;D

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2019, 01:08:58 PM

Which way was it going?
I'll keep an eye out.

She mocks us, she's as under as us, doesn't she realise we still control Phineas?
I suppose she's mistaken his ever open eye as benign.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 30, 2019, 01:49:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2019, 01:08:58 PM

Which way was it going?
I'll keep an eye out.

She mocks us, she's as under as us, doesn't she realise we still control Phineas?
I suppose she's mistaken his ever open eye as benign.

:P

xSilverPhinx

Lightning and thunder just keep going on and on and on ...Thor has a really hard time settling his arguments.  ::)

Buddy

There's snow on the forecast for tomorrow

>:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 31, 2019, 02:08:34 AM
There's snow on the forecast for tomorrow

>:(

Now you need that monster truck!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

Apparently there were flurries the evening before Halloween where I live.

I've never seen it that chilly this early, but hey, I'm all for it.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

The first snow of the year produced more than a few inches of snow. Everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on November 12, 2019, 03:18:05 PM
The first snow of the year produced more than a few inches of snow. Everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive

Ugh, I know....we got about 9 inches here in the Detroit area yesterday, it's crazy. I mean just Sunday I was cutting my grass, and raking leaves. Hell I was out riding my bike in shorts!

And your right, first couple snowflakes hit the roads and everyone is like:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

We're getting serious rain in the UK with floods in areas where there is no living memory of flooding.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

yesterday i rode the norton to the company safety meeting towards dusk. no jacket, just a cotton shirt and long johns.

today the wind is whistling at -5C and there are five kittens loose in the kitchen, two of which i have never seen before.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2019, 07:05:03 PM
We're getting serious rain in the UK with floods in areas where there is no living memory of flooding.

Yikes. How is your area holding up?