News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Cold and quite wet here. The temp was down into the low 40s last night. I think it's time to turn the heat back on in the house and, maybe, the car.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ecurb Noselrub

Perfect day in Central Texas; clear, sunny, 66 degrees.

xSilverPhinx

Weather is in the Goldilocks range: not too hot, not too cold.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Been like that here today too - perfect blue sky. Won't be many more of those before winter.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tom62

It is 30 degrees Celsius here. Hot and humid  :-\.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

It's bright, but cold and windy here.  I've had the windows closed for nearly a week.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Harmonie

A bit chillier than normal for November. It might actually make it down into the teens for a low tonight. Oddly enough that would be our first freeze altogether. lol

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

We're looking at our first freeze of the year too. My joints really aren't liking the drop in temperature.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

It's starting to get really hot down here. Temps ranging from 33-35 degrees C.

Even the breeze is just moving hot air. Not refreshing at all. :(

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 12, 2018, 11:16:13 PM
Yet another reason to beat feet.

That idiom's new, I never heard that one before!  ;D

But yeah, people generally go in droves to one of the beaches near here, the coast is about an hour away so they're popular destinations for people wanting to take a dip in cold ocean water.

:tellmemore: Cold ocean water... 

jumbojak

Just don't do what I did a few years ago and rig up a swamp cooler. In a humid environment they make things worse.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 12, 2018, 11:44:20 PM
Just don't do what I did a few years ago and rig up a swamp cooler. In a humid environment they make things worse.

Noted. :grin:

Harmonie

It snowed the other day. Sadly, I didn't really get to see it much since I was at work, and walking to the front doors to see the snow in my current condition is really hard on me. =(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony