News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2018, 04:44:13 AM
Well, the hurricane seems to be a bit of a bust, at least up this way. The storm lost most of its power on the way in and seems to be stalling just off the coast. The Carolinas might still be in for it but nothing like what was anticipated earlier this week.

A bit of a qualified relief then?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Quote from: Dave on September 14, 2018, 05:33:57 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 14, 2018, 04:44:13 AM
Well, the hurricane seems to be a bit of a bust, at least up this way. The storm lost most of its power on the way in and seems to be stalling just off the coast. The Carolinas might still be in for it but nothing like what was anticipated earlier this week.

A bit of a qualified relief then?

Let's hope it stays that way!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

It's been raining all week, now the sun finally seems to have come out.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Sort of chilly windy slightly overcast damp grey autumnal blahh here at the moment.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Rain. *grumble*

Yesterday I went out without my umbrella and came back soaked to the bone.  :headshake:

At least today temperatures are cooler.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2018, 09:48:37 PM
Rain. *grumble*

Yesterday I went out without my umbrella and came back soaked to the bone.  :headshake:

Don't worry. you're water proof!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2018, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2018, 09:48:37 PM
Rain. *grumble*

Don't worry. you're water proof!

:lol: Yes, but I would have liked to have put on an extra waterproof 'skin' in the absence of that fine invention that is an umbrella!

Icarus

Here is a story about the weather, a fascinating story. Switzerland on the mountains and glaciers and frozen bodies. https://www.gq.com/story/missing-parents-melting-glacier-swiss-alps

jumbojak

It's finally cooling off here. We had 90°F days this week but it dropped today.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

It's been hot, hot, hot. No matter how much I know that autumn doesn't come here until later, it doesn't make it any less frustrating to me.

Nevertheless, it does look like we will see a nice cooldown for a while. Some really nice days and nights coming up ahead! It couldn't come without a sudden tornado warning to freak me out, though. Nothing came of it, so that's good.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

A dark sky, lightning and thunder this afternoon, only to be followed by a few drops of rain.

No raging storm? Talk about anti-climactic. ::)

Tom62

Over here we have cool nights (5 degrees) and warm summer weather (25 degrees) during the day.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Buddy

It is cool and rainy. Perfect sleeping weather.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Stupidly unseasonable warm weather here.