Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 15, 2018, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 15, 2018, 12:55:10 PM
As to how not to get sick:
I theorise that humans carry bugs humans are susceptible to.
Spray approaching humans with strong smelling disinfectant.
The spray may not kill all bugs but it deters 99.95% of humans.

:lol: I will stock up on smelling disinfectants then!

Just use ammonia. The smell is strong but it dissipates quickly enough that they won't be able to prove anything by the time the cops arrive.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

If you're concerned about the law you could whilst spraying chant "Hare Krishna" and tinkle some bells.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on August 15, 2018, 01:12:13 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 15, 2018, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 15, 2018, 12:32:29 PM
Temps have gone from 4 degrees C to 22 in one day, now they're down to 16 C. How can one not get sick?

God is doing something very similar here.
The entire state of NSW is now in drought.

It's about that here at the moment, in summer!

As to how not to get sick:
I theorise that humans carry bugs humans are susceptible to.
Spray approaching humans with strong smelling disinfectant.
The spray may not kill all bugs but it deters 99.95% of humans.

Yeah, well it's still bloody cold down here.  The BOM claim it's been a warm winter!  I don't know what they're smoking, but they need to get a new supplier.  I'm over the cold and the wet and the wind.

It's that here in summer!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 15, 2018, 01:41:02 PM
Yeah, well it's still bloody cold down here.  The BOM claim it's been a warm winter!  I don't know what they're smoking, but they need to get a new supplier.  I'm over the cold and the wet and the wind.

Ah ye well, that's life in Australias the worlds galaxies universes most liveable city

Nah, Vienna's knocked us off the top spot.  I have always thought that "most liveable city" thing was a crock...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bluenose on August 16, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Ah ye well, that's life in Australias the worlds galaxies universes most liveable city

Nah, Vienna's knocked us off the top spot.  I have always thought that "most liveable city" thing was a crock...

Ye, Vienna has got that song OHHHHHHH VIENNNAHHHHHHHH

Do you think we could get Jacko out of retirement to do Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee MELbournnnne?

Bluenose

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 16, 2018, 02:42:28 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on August 16, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Ye, Vienna has got that song OHHHHHHH VIENNNAHHHHHHHH

Do you think we could get Jacko out of retirement to do Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee MELbournnnne?

Oh, god, I hope not!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

xSilverPhinx

The temperature is going to drop to around 4 to 6 ℃ tomorrow morning.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 20, 2018, 03:06:12 AM

Cool!!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Enjoy the nice weather for me!

The weather is strangely cool for August. We've had many storms this year and when they come in they bring unusually cool weather. Right now at almost 11am it is 73F.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Quote from: Harmonie on August 20, 2018, 04:44:09 PM

Enjoy the nice weather for me!

The weather is strangely cool for August. We've had many storms this year and when they come in they bring unusually cool weather. Right now at almost 11am it is 73F.

It's been cooler here too. Cool enough to have to run the heated seats on my morning commute.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Weather has been nice the last couple of days - highs in the 60s with overcast skies and a north breeze.

It won't last, and we probably won't see weather like this again until the end of October. =(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

There's a hurricane on the way. If we had been in a drought i wouldn't be worried, but it has been a very rainy summer. I need to pick up a spare chain and some more fuel for the little saw and probably a spare pruning blade for the sawzall as well.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

It's now expected to be a category four or five when it makes landfall. This could be bad. Really, really bad.