News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

It started snowing here about 6:30. I set off to work at 6:55. Got 5 miles into a 14 mile journey... and stopped. 30 minutes stationary I turned around. All-in-all it took 2:15 to go 10 miles. By all accounts Leeds is still gridlocked at 10:28. The forcast it 8°C and  that appears to be the case so while it's still snowing it's also thawing!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

In one day, I drove from -6°f to 76°f. It was a long drive though.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Harmonie

Today has been pretty nice, with highs in the mid 40s. Sadly it's the last day this nice in the forecast. Of course.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

They predicted light rain. We're now seeing heavy snow and the roads are a mess. It isn't even below freezing.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Why the fuck is there still snow?

Is this Trump's idea?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Harmonie

And why can't I get any snow, ever?  :waah:

Even when it dropped below freezing all it did was rain. The system is rigged.  >:(

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

You can have ours if you want! I hate to think of the gridlock in Oklahoma if a sudden snowstorm coated the roads.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

It might snow again this weekent :l
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

Quote from: jumbojak on March 13, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
You can have ours if you want! I hate to think of the gridlock in Oklahoma if a sudden snowstorm coated the roads.

Before the winter of 2011, we used to get a good snow every single winter, though. Ever since then, it's been like 1 inch or less every year. Yet in early 2011 it was over a foot in one storm and over 20 inches for the winter total. =/

People around here can handle it.

xSilverPhinx

The weather is gradually leaving the OMG-I'm-melting!-I'm-melting! phase and is becoming more pleasant as time passes.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Well, tomorrow looks good but don't fancy the weekend . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Tomorrow looks nice and cold. And the day after that, cold. Day after that, cold. And the day after that? Cold.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on March 13, 2018, 08:10:55 PM
Well, tomorrow looks good but don't fancy the weekend . .

I have to say that is a nice, soothing curve tho -- very pleasant to look at.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

If it wasn't for the flat top it's damn near ballistic.

BTW, Sandy, I assume you are not the Sandra Craft that has Jesus whispering in people's ears?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jesus+whispers+in+your+ear&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AJesus+whispers+in+your+ear

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on March 13, 2018, 10:19:11 PM

BTW, Sandy, I assume you are not the Sandra Craft that has Jesus whispering in people's ears?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jesus+whispers+in+your+ear&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AJesus+whispers+in+your+ear

:shocked:  Holy Freaking Asmo -- well, I'm glad at least somebody with our name is a writer.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany