News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

^^^Guardian, do you have moose where you live? Growing up in Alaska, we would sometimes see moose hanging out on a roof that they had just walked up the snow mound to. My neighbor's carport got on the front page of our local newspaper once because there was a moose standing on it.  It's what I miss most about AK. Moose.
As far as here in Georgia, you wouldn't know it to look outside right now, because it's beautiful, calm, warm and sunny, but tomorrow everything has been cancelled due to a strong threat of tornadoes. It's like a snow day, but scarier.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Harmonie

It's actually nice today! A rare occurrence during this season. Earlier it was actually a little weird. It's been in the low to mid 50s today, but when I was walking back from class earlier the wind was blowing like a severe thunderstorm (I would know, I had to walk in front of one yesterday) and it was pelting rain like ice, so it actually felt cold. It even sounded like ice hitting the cars, but I know it wasn't.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Guardian85

Quote from: Dragonia on April 04, 2017, 10:37:42 PM
^^^Guardian, do you have moose where you live? Growing up in Alaska, we would sometimes see moose hanging out on a roof that they had just walked up the snow mound to. My neighbor's carport got on the front page of our local newspaper once because there was a moose standing on it.  It's what I miss most about AK. Moose.
Yes. A lot of moose.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 07, 2017, 06:17:31 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on April 04, 2017, 10:37:42 PM
Yes. A lot of moose.

The plural of moose is moosen. Just an FYI.

As in there are many moosen in Guardian's village, much, moosen. There were many of 'em. Many much, moosen. Out in the woods—in the woodes—in the woodsen. The meese want the food. Food is to eatenesen!THE MEESE WANT THE FOOD IN THE WOODENESEN! AND THE FOOD IN THE WOODYENESEN!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

^^^ Too much cold medicine, Father?

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

^ :grin:

Great movie, I love the ending.  ;D

-~-

Temperatures dropped suddenly! It's cold at night and was warm during the day, with not one cloud in the sky. I guess that's autumn for ya!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Gorgeous day here. Bright clear skies, low humidity, and it's only about 75°. Yesterday was high overcast, humid to the point of stickiness, and 90°. We'll probably have snow tomorrow.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Been almost not cool in my home town. :)

Dragonia

Cold, drizzly and dark here today. I love days like this. No work, no pressing obligations, nothing but time to drink my coffee and catch up on neglected chores. And read. I am loving this Monday.  :cleaning: :sweeping: :reading: :cauldron: :frolic:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on May 01, 2017, 01:57:49 PM
Cold, drizzly and dark here today. I love days like this. No work, no pressing obligations, nothing but time to drink my coffee and catch up on neglected chores. And read. I am loving this Monday.  :cleaning: :sweeping: :reading: :cauldron: :frolic:

It's somewhat the same here, cold, dark, overcast, and still raining..it rained all weekend and I couldn't get anything done outside, so chores are piling up, garden is neglected.

Tons of work today here in the office, pressing obligations, no time to drink my coffee which got cold, barely time to type this, and working through my lunch with no time to read. I am hating this fucking Monday.  :argue: :haironfire: :rant: :panic: :argue: :bleh:

Dave

Sunny - rumble of thunder + drops of rain - sunny.

Spent all day reading except for short trip out for essential supplies - chocolate flapjack and pork scratchings.   :reading: :studious: :reading:

MariaEvri

I donno if you guys in the states have sandstorms but living next to africa can suck sometimes
It is sandstorm season and the sand sometimes gets blown here. Its hell for my nose and eyes
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

jumbojak

Dust clouds are common in august and September when it's peanut digging time. Can't say I've ever seen a sandstorm. Doesn't sound pleasant

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

I don't know, a giant sandstorm sounds cool as hell MariaEvri, are there giant Sandworms like on Arrakis?