News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Forget the crystal ball, you need a stone:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 21, 2016, 01:01:29 AM
I would like to update that the time of our first predicted snow squalls has come and gone with nary a flake.

With regard to our bet are you willing to give me till' the end of today?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

Just an update on the snow situation.

It has stopped snowing, but...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 21, 2016, 04:03:18 PM
Just an update on the snow situation.

It has stopped snowing, but...

Are you standing GeeMan or on your knees pretending to make it look deeper than it is?

Regardless that's a lot of snow. What's the mountain range behind you there called?

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 03:59:21 PM
I would like to update that the time of our first predicted snow squalls has come and gone with nary a flake.

It's gonna have to be til I get out of work. We got some snow but it was mixing with rain when I got here, so I actually have no idea what the total is. They don't let us have windows.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on March 19, 2016, 04:15:28 PM
Keep in mind that PC's farther west, so they won't get as much as Greater Boston. She may have to wager extra  :)

I should have listened to you Firebird, looks like I've lost this one.

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 21, 2016, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 03:59:21 PM

It's gonna have to be til I get out of work. We got some snow but it was mixing with rain when I got here, so I actually have no idea what the total is. They don't let us have windows.

I will defer to your judgement, and you have my complete trust with regards to our bet (I have really no way of knowing how much snow you get), but I'm starting to think I lost...and no windows sucks.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 04:13:16 PM
Are you standing GeeMan or on your knees pretending to make it look deeper than it is?

Regardless that's a lot of snow. What's the mountain range behind you there called?
No I was really standing. And I hadn't hit solid ground yet, either.

The peak behind me is Alappen (68°56'14.68"N/19° 3'38.80"E if you were wondering).

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on March 21, 2016, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 06:03:13 PM
.....and no windows sucks.
Unless you're an Apple user.

The latest 2 Windows versions sucks, as well as the latest 5 Mac OS X versions  :(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 21, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 04:13:16 PM

No I was really standing. And I hadn't hit solid ground yet, either.

The peak behind me is Alappen (68°56'14.68"N/19° 3'38.80"E if you were wondering).

Thanks, see I learned something new today. The Peak of Alappen. Going to search for it now on my browser.

Quote from: Tom62 on March 21, 2016, 08:30:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 21, 2016, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 06:03:13 PM
.....and no windows sucks.
Unless you're an Apple user.

The latest 2 Windows versions sucks, as well as the latest 5 Mac OS X versions  :(.

As a Mac user I can contest to that...very occasionally I have to use a Windows machine here in the office, and find it annoying to say the least.

However, I was referring to PC's lack of views during her working hours, maybe my concern over her well being will provoke some hint of kindness in her as she picks out my new avatar for the week?

Pasta Chick

Well, I had photos, but for some reason I can't get them off Facebook. Usually there's an option to link.

There is currently a sparse covering of an inch or so of snow. The thing is, I was at work with no windows. When I went in there was about 3" as the temp was hitting 32F. Most reports I have heard are that 3-6 inches fell over most of the state before it warmed up, compacted and washed alway. So... The bet was poorly defined in that we didn't specify end storm accumulation or the largest amount of snow on the ground at any point during the storm. Which means I'm not really sure who won.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 21, 2016, 09:16:36 PM
Well, I had photos, but for some reason I can't get them off Facebook. Usually there's an option to link.

There is currently a sparse covering of an inch or so of snow. The thing is, I was at work with no windows. When I went in there was about 3" as the temp was hitting 32F. Most reports I have heard are that 3-6 inches fell over most of the state before it warmed up, compacted and washed alway. So... The bet was poorly defined in that we didn't specify end storm accumulation or the largest amount of snow on the ground at any point during the storm. Which means I'm not really sure who won.

We'll I'll concede, I'm sure if you had gotten at least 4 inches you would have know.

We had beautiful weather here in Michigan, little chilly, but clear skies the entire day.