News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding..

I want to remove the base from my 2nd monitor so it'll fit under a shelf, apparently I have to take the whole screen apart.  I don't want to do that, thanks LG.

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Recusant

Perhaps judicious use of a small sharp saw?  ;D

Won't be pretty, and if you want to use the base at a later date it'll be even less aesthetically pleasing (mending braces), but you won't have to scrabble at the frame of the monitor, potentially cracking the screen.

Either that or maybe a thin spudger with a sturdy steel ruler or plate (shielding the screen with cloth or plastic) to protect the screen from cracks and scratches.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

^ I second that notion. Sharp saw will dispatch that plastic in short order.

AS for LG......grrrrrr!  Never buy an LG refrigerator. They have had so many failure with the refrigerant compressor that a national class action suit is now in effect. Yep!  My expensive LG fridge failed.  Receipt of parts and several factory repair sessions took nearly three weeks. Most inconvenient to be sure.

I asked he repair person whether he had to service many LG refrigerators.  He said that he services about 25 refrigerators each week. He said that fifteen of them will most likely be LGs.

Tom62

Three weeks repair time is still OK(ish). My Liebherr freezer broke down last year. It was leaking freezer fluid and it took the repair shop more than three months to repair. Now this thing is acting up again.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

damn.

you know this nihilistic indifference thing is hard to maintain in the face of national and international stupidity.

my government cannot figure out how to govern.

the middle east is set to blow up into a shitstorm.

the world climate is heating up.

my weather is cooling down.

in better news, otis the twelve year old tomcat who i thought the coyotes had eaten, has returned.

fat and still eccentric. wherever he's been the last two months, its been good to him. nobody but me can touch him still.

so the coyote casualties of the last month was only angel.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

He's found a place that feeds him :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Tom62

Had my half year cancer checkup at the hospital this morning. No sign of cancer but they discovered blood clots in my lungs. Now I have to stay in the hospital till Thursday for additional tests and medication.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Ouch! Best of luck. There are blood thinners available, which do what blood thinners do, but probably best avoided unless vital. :-/
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on October 23, 2023, 01:39:25 PMHad my half year cancer checkup at the hospital this morning. No sign of cancer but they discovered blood clots in my lungs. Now I have to stay in the hospital till Thursday for additional tests and medication.

A little mixed news. But good news on the cancer front.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Tom62

I'm bored as hell here in the hospital. No treatments so far, other than giving me some blood thinner pills. No idea if or when they'll run some tests. I'm in a standard room without a shower; the food is dreadful and I have to pay extra for watching TV. I rather be in the office or at home.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Yeah, I remember that when they took my appendix out, I was probably in more danger of dying from sheer boredom than from any associated complication - and they kicked my ass out of bed the next afternoon plus I have a comparatively high tolerance for boredom.

The food truly was dreadful though. I think that's what they get in relatively crappy (though still first World-) prisons.

Can you get people to deliver you some books or a tablet and a charger?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

third world hospitals can be great. when i was hospitalized in malaysia with dengue fever, i had a choice every day between indian food, chines, malay, or european. i always ate indian , because the curries were excellent. one time i tried european, and they brought me boiled leeks.