News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Outed (and publically berated) at daycare!

Started by Ali, February 28, 2012, 01:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on February 29, 2012, 07:15:36 AM
Quote from: philosoraptor on February 29, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
Now I want Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam, and I think the closest Ikea to me is 3 hours away, somewhere in Texas.   :'(
They don't sell köttbullar anywhere else..?  ??? Or is it the jam that is IKEA special?

I haven't seen it anywhere other than IKEA.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 29, 2012, 01:02:24 PM
Now I want Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam, and I think the closest Ikea to me is 3 hours away, somewhere in Texas.   :'(
They don't sell köttbullar anywhere else..?  ??? Or is it the jam that is IKEA special?

Me either.  Although, now that Ikea is here in Denver and everyone has been and tried the sauce, it wouldn't surprise me to see it popping up in specialty shops.

Willow

I was worried about Don explaining to other children that Santa is just a story and your parents bring the presents.  Fortunately in the UK it's not an expectation that children are indoctrinated with a religion, at a least not in mainstream nurseries.

Beachdragon

Quote from: Ali on February 29, 2012, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 29, 2012, 01:02:24 PM

Me either.  Although, now that Ikea is here in Denver and everyone has been and tried the sauce, it wouldn't surprise me to see it popping up in specialty shops.

I just saw Lingonberry jam in Wegmans grocery store near Washington DC.  DC tends to be a little bit of a melting pot.  We can even get Jelly Babies and all sorts here.

Some day I'd like to try cloud berry though.  Ah well.

Ali, you handled yourself well.  :)

Guardian85

Cloudberries and cream. Best dessert ever.
My grandpa owns some land they grow on.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Whitney

so in addition to knowing that some christian parents are assholes I now know that there is some kind of jam I should try when I make it over to Ikea next (about 40 min for me)....very odd derail.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Whitney on February 29, 2012, 09:41:49 PM
so in addition to knowing that some christian parents are assholes I now know that there is some kind of jam I should try when I make it over to Ikea next (about 40 min for me)....very odd derail.

Definetly top ten in the derail dept.

-Unknown Smartass-

philosoraptor

I can get lingonberry jam at World Market.  But I like the Swedish meatballs with the sauce at Ikea.  I'm perfectly capable of making them at home, but I'm a lazy fat kid at heart and Ikea provides semi-instant gratification on the meatballs and jam front.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Buddy

I love IKEA. One time, I met up with a Hetalia cosplay group in Chicago and we played hide-and-seek in IKEA for hours.

Ali

I also love Ikea.  Based almost solely on Ikea, I'm pretty much convinced that Sweden can best be described as "a font of wonderful."

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on March 01, 2012, 01:19:35 AM
I also love Ikea.  Based almost solely on Ikea, I'm pretty much convinced that Sweden can best be described as "a font of wonderful."

Except for the swedes themselves, who are all dumbasses, at least judging by norwegian jokes.

-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 01, 2012, 01:51:47 AM

Except for the swedes themselves, who are all dumbasses, at least judging by norwegian jokes.

Hey!  >:(

:P

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 01, 2012, 03:07:58 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 01, 2012, 01:51:47 AM

Hey!  >:(

:P

You're the exception that confirms the rule...

-Unknown Smartass-