News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been tired, I've been tired, I've been tired:

Haven't we all.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Anne D. on September 04, 2021, 04:28:11 AM
Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been tired, I've been tired, I've been tired:

You young people Anne, you say you're tired but you don't sound tired, we got proper tired in our day.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on September 09, 2021, 03:47:58 PM

That's nice 8)

Yes!! I'm listening to two great artist sing together for the first time. Kermit and Debbie nail this song!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

I like this song, but my man said the other day, " Why is it that when I hear your music I imagine a guy cooking in a giant pot, surrounded by cannibals?"

:lol:

>:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags!

I dedicate the following song to me and your "man"! 8)

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

I'm watching the complete series of "The Young Ones", so naturally I listened to

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Just can't get this song out of my head

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on September 13, 2021, 12:47:54 PM
Just can't get this song out of my head

That's good, thanks for posting 8)

I love this song by "Old Crow Medicine Show". (Chorus was actually written by Bob Dylan, and then 25 years later Ketch Secor from Old Crow Medicine Show wrote the verses...the song then went platinum)

When I hear the song it makes me long for the south, especially Tennessee. Sometimes I hear the song and call an old Army buddy of mine who lives outside Chattanooga. Now when I call him he'll ask me jokingly if I was listening to the song, and I have to tell him, "No I just miss my friend and wanted to talk". 

Ironically Ketch wrote the verses while attending school in New Hampshire, and "feeling homesick for the South".

This is my favorite verse:
QuoteWalkin' to the south out of Roanoke
I caught a trucker out of Philly
Had a nice long toke
But he's a-headed west from the Cumberland Gap
To Johnson City, Tennessee

Cool video as well.

This is Dylan's original version of the song (Chorus only)

billy rubin

damn

heard a fragment of this the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=IlENd0p6aR4

stuff like this is why i wish i understood music

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on September 24, 2021, 09:55:19 PM
damn

heard a fragment of this the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=IlENd0p6aR4

stuff like this is why i wish i understood music

Daphnis and Chloe is a marvellous ballet you should see some time. Ravel is one of those French composers, along with Debussy, I cannot imagine living without, and I adore literally every single note they wrote. At the level of simply listening to music and enjoying it, I don't believe it necessary to understand the mechanics of music.

If you liked this, I urge you to explore La Mer by Debussy, which is another "Impressionistic" piece of music.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i love debussey . he was one of the first co.posers of symphonic music i ever foundon my own.

they say debussey was annoyed by people comparing him to the impressionists. im not sure why, except that the impressionists pissed everybody off at first.

i dont know how to listen to ravel.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on September 25, 2021, 04:26:48 AM
i love debussey . he was one of the first co.posers of symphonic music i ever foundon my own.

they say debussey was annoyed by people comparing him to the impressionists. im not sure why, except that the impressionists pissed everybody off at first.

i dont know how to listen to ravel.

Ravel was a master orchestrator, but his solo piano pieces are the pinnacle of his work. One of them, called La vallée des Cloches from Miroirs, inspired Percy Grainger to orchestrate it. Parts of it sound like Pink Floyd.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames