News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

I've just acquired the Diabelli Variations and the complete Piano Sonatas by Beethoven, played by Llyr Williams on really excellent sound quality Signum CDs. Here is the start of the Waldstein Sonata, which I think is now my favourite recording of that sonata.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Dance with me, Ecurb Noselrub  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

John Wilson and his spectacular orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9t72sDiv8

Try it. You may like it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on June 18, 2021, 04:21:09 AM
John Wilson and his spectacular orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9t72sDiv8

Try it. You may like it.

Here is the ballet. It shows why I preferred Gene Kelly to Fred Astaire.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

I also prefer Kelly to Astaire. Kelly was a superb athlete as well as a marvelously creative dancer.

I confess that I had my attention taken away from Kelly on account of the female dancer. Hermes, You can have it the other way.......to each his own.  In any case the music is descriptive. 

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on June 19, 2021, 03:48:57 AM
I also prefer Kelly to Astaire. Kelly was a superb athlete as well as a marvelously creative dancer.

I confess that I had my attention taken away from Kelly on account of the female dancer. Hermes, You can have it the other way.......to each his own.  In any case the music is descriptive.

What female dancer?  :grin:
― Charles Eames

Icarus

hermes2015

Of all my recordings of Bach's six solo cello suites, I always go back to the one by Richard Tunnicliffe. His performance of the suites really appeals to me, along with the realistic sound achieved by the Linn engineers. When I close my eyes, it sounds as if he is playing right there in my studio/music room.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on June 09, 2021, 05:44:01 AM
Dance with me, Ecurb Noselrub  ;)

Dang, I just saw this!!  Is it too late to dance??

The Gypsy Kings did a version of this that they called Bamboleo.  I recognized some of the lyrics.