News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Mr. Biden

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 13, 2021, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I have to say that I have been quite impressed with Mr. Biden throughout this entire affair.  His calm demeanor conveys an inner confidence and assurance.  Perhaps it's a result of all the personal tragedy and suffering he has been through, or as a result of his age and vast experience, or his personal psychological makeup. It's probably all three combined, with help and support from his equally calm wife, Dr. Jill.  In any event, at the times when I was most prone to really worry (when the Electoral College met, when Congress convened, when the insurrection occurred), he has been "steady as she goes."  To me that conveys the message that everything is going to be alright. It's refreshing for a leader to have that kind of attitude. I so look forward to January 20.

Tank

You're not alone. I think the whole of the free world agrees with you.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

everything is up in the air.

is he too nice to get anything done?

with the senate split so finely, it will take only one democratic senator to disagree to scuttle any of the programs he wants to enact.

th erepublican party has become a symbol of crackpots, fascists, and cynics. unless the trump impeachment initiates a sea changethere, they won't be of any help.

so tthere's no telling whether biden's administration will mark th ebeginning of something better or the end of all hope for change.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Some Republican people are already distancing themselves from the chump. It's a pity they didn't do it 4 years ago. Everybody just sat there, staring in horror at the skunk on the table.

billy rubin

some o them stared in horror.

jim jordan said, wow, this guy is great

ted cruz said, maybe there's something here for me

mitch mcconnell said, i can use him

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Sandra Craft

A lot of them were just waiting to see if it would work before they jumped ship.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Biden just announced his Science Team.  The main person is now part of the Cabinet.  I don't have all their names, but Biden intends to elevate science.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2021, 07:10:48 PM
Biden just announced his Science Team.  The main person is now part of the Cabinet.  I don't have all their names, but Biden intends to elevate science.

He's putting together quite a team.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

remember the newly-elected president of lebanon, back when the christians ran the government and the druse and the muslims ran the economy? it was a successful division of labor that had worked for many years. he was a well-liked statesman who was going to go great places. i guess its been forty years.

then he was assassinated, and lebanon descended into the chaos from which it has never recovered.

i keep looking at biden and wondering whether he will also be a great hope for recnciliation that will be negated by something similar

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2021, 07:10:48 PM
Who would have thought that science would get elevated in this country? I'm glad it will be though. I meant to post something about it but was beaten to it. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 17, 2021, 01:17:43 AM
remember the newly-elected president of lebanon, back when the christians ran the government and the druse and the muslims ran the economy? it was a successful division of labor that had worked for many years. he was a well-liked statesman who was going to go great places. i guess its been forty years.

then he was assassinated, and lebanon descended into the chaos from which it has never recovered.

i keep looking at biden and wondering whether he will also be a great hope for recnciliation that will be negated by something similar
The thought of someone assassinating Joe has concerned me even more since the insurrection. So many people trying to tear the country apart for the country's sake. It's ironic and tragic,
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I'm seeing around the internet that the people who the chump incited to riot and insurrection are now turning on him, after he disavowed their actions. When one starts messing with reactive elements, one may get burned. Same for chemistry and politics, it would seem. And it would be poetic justice if one of those crazies capped the chump. Though I will have to say that the kind of eedjits he attracts and encourages don't seem to have the necessary critical skills for such an endeavor. Both good and bad, really.

Icarus

I too have some concern about the safety of both Joe and Kamala.  We have been warned by the lunatic behavior of the mob at the capitol building and the discovery of all sorts of guns, bombs, molatov cocktails in the possession of more than one of the perps. 

As for the Chump, maybe he will fall into a gopher hole at one of his golf courses.

Randy

Something just occurred to me. We know that at least one Capitol Hill police officer was involved in the riot and I think someone from the Air Force. But whatever, the point is what if one of those troops that is there to oversee the inauguration decides to kill Mr. Biden? Maybe they have a way to vet it out. Still, with more people the greater the chance.

I wish him and Ms. Harris well and that they begin to get this nation of ours out of this mess.