News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Greetings, Fellow Humans!

Started by Paul the Human, November 22, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Are those Larks' Tongues in Aspic?

Tank

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard. Stinking cold. Chat later.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: No one on November 23, 2019, 09:06:13 AM
Are those Larks' Tongues in Aspic?

Could be if you want.
I've accumulated a bit in the freezer.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Paul the Human

Thanks for making a human person feel welcome, everyone!

I almost forgot to mention... When I signed up, there were questions to answer and one of them was throwing me off. The question was something along the lines of "What measurement of distance includes the word 'light'?"

I tried "lightyear", "light year", and "light-year", but each answer was considered incorrect. It finally gave me three more questions and accepted my answers.

What was I missing?

Posted with a human communication device via Tapatalk.

Humanity is overrated.

Recusant

Hmm, the correct response is light year. Strange that the software refused that answer. I'll try deleting it and re-entering it.

I'm glad you found us through Tapatalk. That alone is good reason to keep it as a part of the site. Now that you're here, and you intend to mostly use your phone to visit, I have a suggestion.

We have a couple of what are called "responsive themes" available. Essentially a responsive theme is a version of the forum layout that takes into account the device you're using to connect with the site, and modifies itself to provide a better interface for whichever type of device that is. You may need to do this from your PC/laptop, and my directions will be based on the interface seen on a computer screen, but if you'd care to try it out here is a brief rundown of the process:

1. On the home (index) page, directly below your avatar in the header of the page, you'll find a menu: "Home, Help, Search," etc. Click "Profile."

2. On the Profile page, in the "Modify Profile" section you'll find "Look and Layout." Click that.

3. The first item on the Look and Layout page will be "Current Theme." Click "(change)." On the "Choose a theme" page that will come up, scroll down to find "vVide" which I have been told is the best of the responsive themes.

If you don't like vVide, and prefer to use the default theme "Curve" on your PC while using Tapatalk to visit the site from your phone, it's easy to switch back by following the same procedure.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Paul the "Human":
Posted with a human communication device via tapatalk.

That's just what I'd expect a cunning no so human pretending to be a human would say.

P.S. I am still waiting for those tacos. Bring a variety, if you would be so kind.

Paul the Human

I am currently on the vVide theme with my Chrome app and I like it on first impression. I'll stick with it for a while. Thanks for the advice! My only initial note is that it doesn't have its own icon (just the Chrome shortcut icon) when you add it to your home screen, but that's not a big deal.

About those tacos, to be honest, I'm afraid that I ate them. All of them. As humans are known to do. Does it help to know that they were mediocre at best?
Humanity is overrated.

No one

Paul the Human

Quote from: No one on November 23, 2019, 05:27:53 PM
It does not.

You have played upon my human emotions. I made a special trip to get another taco and succeeded in resisting long enough to deliver it here...

Enjoy!
Humanity is overrated.

No one

Dark Lightning

Bluenose

Hello Paul the Human, Bluenose the cod Bluenose cod here.  Welcome to the forum!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Paul the Human on November 22, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

Hmm.  Let's see.  What else?  I guess you can just ask me if you want to know anything else about me.  I'm open about (almost) everything.

I have a question.
Do you like wine?
~Just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Paul the Human

No, I don't like wine. My wife does, but I stick to beer and rum. Not at the same time, though!
Humanity is overrated.

Magdalena

Quote from: Paul the Human on November 24, 2019, 01:31:37 PM
No, I don't like wine. My wife does, but I stick to beer and rum. Not at the same time, though!
Okay.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant