News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

False, I really didn't give a damn.

TNP would like to remove Trump and Biden from the presidential race.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

True. Biden is too old and the chump is a lunatic.

TNP disagrees.

Asmodean

False. To the degree I care, I support this motion.

The next person thinks local politics get too little attention for how much they matter to the individual compared to national?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

So a person should pay more attention to local news?
I suppose, but the radio presenters talk slower and are more bumpkinish.

The nxt thinks it's OK for India to kill a guy they didn't like  in Canada, just as it was OK for the US to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Asmodean

True-ish. That's the game nations play with people's lives. It's OK in the sense of "that's how it is." The public is just not supposed to know about it - usually. As a matter of values, however, it should only be OK for a country which allows for killing of its citizens to do so in another country which does the same. Something tells me Canada may not be one of them places... Maybe they are though.

The next person prefers drama over comedy? (assume good drama vs good comedy as your taste goes)

[The arising discussion on international politics branched into its own thread here: https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,17583.0.html ]
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

False
Drama needs moments of comedy,
comedy...

QuoteI don't normally moderate in this manner, but was testing a thing and it seems fitting - there is a discussion to be had here. Seems to deserve its own thread. -Asmodean

The nxt thinks Asmo should moderate in this manner more often

Asmodean

Mostly-false. While I'm perfectly capable, you don't normally want a mod who has little in ways of drama mitigation instincts and who rather ruthlessly partakes in controversy whenever he thinks that there is something worth being said in it. I recognise my limitations in that regard. It also makes cases where the moderating team feel the need to yell at me more credible since that is their arena, but not mine. (User group capabilities notwithstanding)

I split the thread mostly to test my assumption with regards to post sorting upon a merge with another thread. Having been proven correct in my assumption, I'm working on ways of making potential thread mergers more organic. While splitting and merging of threads is usually a moderator task, in this particular case, it had a specific tech admin component, and so I found myself just doing it rather than appeal for the mod (and admin-who-mod) team to.

The next person considers nuclear fission to be about as "green" as an effective energy source can be?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

False. Fusion on the other hand...

TNP is looking forward to Christmas?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

nah

christmas has always been just another workday for me. this is murica, after all.

here everybody is decorating for halloween.

tnp wants to see pictures of the public weirdness that generates

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

True! I love American excessive Halloween decorations.

TNP has ticklish feet?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding..

False, maybe, how would I know?
I think they used to be.

The nxt would attempt to dissuade The Jabberwock from violence before resorting to the Vorpal Sword.

Asmodean

It's sort-of situational, but mostly-true. If the 'wok was intent on violence, as perceived by me, and I was in posession of a magical sword, I would likely apply said sword to the problem at hand in an attempt to de-problematize it. I would, however, "Stop or I'll stab" it a couple of times before declaring severed-limbs time. I suppose that counts as an attempt at de-escalation.

The next person would really rather have a very big gun in a confrontation with a villainous wok - jabber or otherwise. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

False, I trust to my virginal virtuousness syncing with the magic sword.

The Nxt would be OK with growing a clone (minimal brain function) to harvest spare parts from, or a bodiless brain for intellectual replenishment.

Ecurb Noselrub

True. Spare parts are always good. I could make good use of a couple right now.

TNP imagines that he/she was a great warrior in a past life.

Asmodean

False. I may have made a decent merk or pirate, I suppose, but rather a poor soldier. If anything, my hypothetical former-life self would have been some lesser noble or some such.

The next person is looking forward to the holidays?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.