Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on August 04, 2017, 03:46:14 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 03, 2017, 11:40:23 PM
Goody ! I have a new and useful word for my collection: Vometorium.....   I think that the  implication is devilishly appropriate for the topic at hand.

Tank gets a silver star for his invention.  :notes:

I know this is off topic but I have a hard time picturing your accent Gene, if you catch my meaning. Of the folks here who I haven't heard speak I have a fairly well set "voice" that I read their posts in. Even some who I have heard speak will forever be read in their original voice. Bruce, for example, will always sound like an accent neutral woman, from before I knew he wasn't a she.

But you... I can't picture what you sound like no matter how hard I might try. It's your word choices that do it I think. In one post you take on a professorial air and in another my mental eight track spews sounds of Stuey from Family Guy. It's so frickin' frustrating and I don't know why.
Stuey from Family Guy

;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Goody ! I have a new and useful word for my collection: Vometorium.....   I think that the  implication is devilishly appropriate for the topic at hand.

No, invention and it ain't what it sounds like but, WTF, it sounds like it should be!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 04, 2017, 05:57:59 AM

No, invention and it ain't what it sounds like but, WTF, it sounds like it should be!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That second definition sounds metaphorically appropriate.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 04, 2017, 03:46:14 AM

I know this is off topic but I have a hard time picturing your accent Gene, if you catch my meaning. Of the folks here who I haven't heard speak I have a fairly well set "voice" that I read their posts in. Even some who I have heard speak will forever be read in their original voice. Bruce, for example, will always sound like an accent neutral woman, from before I knew he wasn't a she.

But you... I can't picture what you sound like no matter how hard I might try. It's your word choices that do it I think. In one post you take on a professorial air and in another my mental eight track spews sounds of Stuey from Family Guy. It's so frickin' frustrating and I don't know why.

:lol: That's funny because I read everyone's posts with my own mind's voice (and don't think anything of it) except for Bruce's which is in a heavy Texan accent. I started reading his posts that way after watching his Wall video.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

JJ those remarks have the potential for opening up a whole new subject for conversational exchange. That could be stimulating and include replies from several others of us. 

I suspect that the differences between our ages has some bearing on the possible interpretations of our individual voices.

In my case I believe that I have a slight, minimally present, southern accent. The key and timbre of my voice is down the middle, not imposing but at appropriate occasions somewhat bombastic. I have a moderate to subdued temper and am not inclined to become boisterous over smaller slights. I usually Choose to take the philosophic position that there are a lot of stupid people who have not sufficiently developed the discipline to behave rationally when things go against their grain.

Then there is the alcohol. I am not a habitual boozer but I do enjoy my intermittent excursions into the bachanalian world. That may very well affect the tone and sensibility of my posts. Thus the possible family guy persona.

In any case I hold almost all of the HAF regulars in high esteem. We do have some bright, fun, and thoughtful people here.  I have not previously tried to channel any of their voices but.....now I might give it some thought..... Recusant would have the voice of a supreme court judge......I would think of Silver as an erudite but modest contralto, OG is a politely pedantic voice with a well developed sense of humor, Asmo is super bright dude who is not at all as evil as he pretends, Books is a darling school teacher type that we can adore, PC is a bit of a firebrand but we like her take on things sometimes, .....and....fill in the blanks to suit ones own perceptions. 

JJ if you and I lived closer we could almost surely be friends because we are both gear heads who know how to fix things. Voices be damned.   We could include Gloucester and a couple of others in our little band of DIY builder type guys.  ,,,,,,,,

There I have exposed myself........How 'bout some of you others tell us how you think you relate to HAFers and to general society in terms of voice and personality quirks. 

in terms of full disclosure, it is past 9 PM and there have been two rum toddies preceding this capricious post.

Peace!

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on August 05, 2017, 02:51:14 AM
.....and....fill in the blanks to suit ones own perceptions. 
Someone here told me that I probably sounded, looked and acted like Charo.  :picard facepalm:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 05, 2017, 04:47:43 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 05, 2017, 02:51:14 AM
.....and....fill in the blanks to suit ones own perceptions. 
Someone here told me that I probably sounded, looked and acted like Charo.  :picard facepalm:

Was it father bruno?

I think I sound like a mexican from northern usa. Or a white guy. I bounce between the two.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on August 05, 2017, 04:56:35 AM
Was it father bruno?

I think I sound like a mexican from northern usa. Or a white guy. I bounce between the two.
Of course. Who else would say something so preposterous!? :snooty:
I have no accent when I speak Padre Bruno, para nada, ninguno.  :nu-uh: 

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

:wtf:  In this case we are not the ones who are continuously rattling the saber......except for the dipshit Donald.

Arturo

The brown berets
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Post retracted
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

^

:rofl:

Probably >100x less if Spacex did it instead of NASA. (But we don't want it to come back and land this time!)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey