News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Tank, to ease your mind, the video was a colossal spoof of the Trump assholery.  It is humorous and if Trump sees it, he will almost surely become apoplectic..........but then what else is new?  Maybe not!

In fact the spoof is a bit of dry humor that the Donald may not understand. A "stable genius" does not always  have room in his brain for compendiums such as this.

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on February 04, 2021, 02:16:20 AM
Tank, to ease your mind, the video was a colossal spoof of the Trump assholery.  It is humorous and if Trump sees it, he will almost surely become apoplectic..........but then what else is new?  Maybe not!

In fact the spoof is a bit of dry humor that the Donald may not understand. A "stable genius" does not always  have room in his brain for compendiums such as this.

Bugger. Now I wish I'd seen it. I'll have a look around Youtube and see if their is an open version.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Joy Reid is on the warpath against Fox guy Tucker Carlson.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFRLWGRtM3g

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on May 09, 2021, 03:21:25 AM
Joy Reid is on the warpath against Fox guy Tucker Carlson.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFRLWGRtM3g

Tucker Carlson.  >:( I'd pay money to see someone slap his face clean off his head. What a tool. :smilenod:

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Davin

Quote from: billy rubin on May 09, 2021, 01:58:42 PM
i prefer he die of covid
Contrary to what he spouts, he has been vaccinated. I will never understand how people will not get vaccinated because they listened to vaccinated people telling them not to get vaccinated.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

QuotecOnSeRvAtIvEs cOnSiDeR LiBeRaLs wElL-InTeNtIoNeD, bUt mIsGuIdEd.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on May 10, 2021, 07:50:33 PM

:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

^  Shit for brains van owner?

Randy

Quote from: Davin on May 10, 2021, 07:50:33 PM

I've never in my wildest dreams thought that something like this would come to fruition.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

How's it going on your side of the pond? Without Trump coverage of US politics in the UK has dropped dramatically.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Davin

It's a lot quieter now. There is less to worry about. We already knew that Biden wasn't going to fix everything and be a champion for the people, but he is still moving the needle in the right direction.

Unfortunately Trump still has a lot of control over the Republican party, Liz Cheney was replaced by a less conservative (and oddly some one who voted more often against Trump policies), Trump supporter. Seemingly only because Liz Cheney refused and was against the big lie that Trump didn't lose the election.

I hope that this leads to the downfall of the Republican party, but looking over history, this could be the part just after the start of America's first dictator that leads us into a fascist state where we are no longer democracy and we as Americans lose even more freedom. There was a lot of talk of splitting the Republican party, and I really hope that happens. I don't have a big problem with what used to be Republican stated values. Having a healthy debate where people discuss the best way to fix a problem is far better than having Republicans deny that there even is a problem when world is dying.

There are so many people that still deny facts and are trying so hard to rewrite everything that happened and are so far gone from reality that it really feels like talking to insane people. Like Maxine Waters, she said "get more confrontational." and the "conservatives" lost their shit acting like and saying that she was advocating for violence and destruction. Like what she said was on the same level as calling for an insurrection. They are trying so hard to make it look like BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE or YoUr SiDe'S nO bEtTeR that they have to warp reality to make it happen. And you can see it happen in real time, or at least follow it back. The first take on what Maxine Waters said, was just some dumbass saying she wants riots to happen, and then the next dumbass will take it a little further and eventually what she said turns into her saying we need to burn the whole country down. And no "conservative" seems to ever look up what she actually said. We have an example here on our forums of Tom62 getting manipulated by talking heads instead of looking up what she actually said. It's insane. They are insane by choice. And it's not getting any better.

And then we have people still questioning the results of the election. In my state there is a company from Florida called Cyber Ninjas that has been allowed access to the ballets, and done in a way that is against the law too. The guy running the company is someone who publicly stated without a shred of evidence that the election was stolen. Now they're looking for bamboo in the paper because some idiot on the internet said 40k ballets were flown in from China and apparently just saying things is all that's needed for these dumb fucks to follow any stupid thing. Nearly all of the people hired to help out are pulling in wearing MAGA hats and Trump bumper stickers, so I'm sure it's going to be unbiased. And on top of all that, there was already two investigations that found nothing.

So much to rant about. I just wish these "conservatives" would be less easily manipulated by rhetoric and more easily by facts.

Tank