News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I just want to say how thankful I am that Trump is not our President any longer. I just breathe easier knowing that he is not in charge.

Icarus

Bruce, I would like to share your comfort but the Trump damage is not yet repaired. There are maybe eleventy seven million kooks citizens out there, who still believe that he won the election. Currently, Arizona shit brained kooks fine upstanding citizens are determined to show that there is/was a world shaking conspiracy that robbed Trump of his rightful re-election.

Trump has somehow persuaded a significant part of our population that shit tastes like chocolate eclaires. It may take years for our nation to recover from the damage he has done to the minds of our less analytic citizens,

billy rubin

i think youre right, icarus.  but it may be possiblethat trump has so poisoned and disrupted  therepublican party that he will remain un-electable.

not all conservatives want to bepart ofthe new republiklan built by trump. he has enough base to win a primary, but unless the trumpanistas aresuccessful in suppressing opposing voters, he wont win the main event. he couldnt do it last year, and next timeheis a lightningrodfor opposition.

hes already lost once, and i dont think his ego will allow him to risk a second defeat. i think he'll try to specialize as kingmaker, dangling a possible run to stay in the headlines, but choosing at the last minute to designate a proxy.

not a successor, but a subordinate, with tbeidea that he will still be in charge of the country, while the president reports to him.

tricky to pull off, but i dont see him running at this time.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

I know he is still around, but he is not in the White House, so there is limited damage he can do.  I just hope people see how bad the GOP has become and don't give them a chance in 2022 and 2024 to spread their contagion any more.

billy rubin

where i live they still think hes great. local businesses sell trump accessories and theres a paving company with a life size picture and the caption

miss me yet?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on April 30, 2021, 05:26:59 PM
where i live they still think hes great. local businesses sell trump accessories and theres a paving company with a life size picture and the caption

miss me yet?

:'(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

How can we miss him when he won't go away?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Aside from being a habitual liar DJT is narcissistic in the extreme.

The link suggests that their popularity declines over time.  Let us hope that there is some substance to these analytic propositions. https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-do-narcissists-lose-popularity-over-time?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Davin

He got Liz Cheney ousted and replaced because Liz Cheney wouldn't lie for him. So it is quieter but no less dangerous.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

I just hope that over time more people come to their senses about how horrible he is. There are Republicans who will not vote for him. I realize that some traditionally GOP states like Georgia and Arizona may not vote blue next time because of the new restrictive laws being put into place, but the Dems just have to hold on to their traditional strongholds to win in 2024.  Just keep Trump out one more election cycle and time will take care of the rest, I hope.

Dark Lightning

Spotted this turn of phrase at another site. It describes this execrable beast quite well-- "Double Agent Orange".  ;D

Tank

billy rubin

grand jury in ny is now determining whether to indict mr trump based on his financial practices

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on May 26, 2021, 10:51:57 PM
grand jury in ny is now determining whether to indict mr trump based on his financial practices

Yes, an indictment wouldn't help him, but unless he is convicted of a felony he will still run and get a big chunk of the votes. Let's see what happens.  He is shameless.