News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2020, 09:43:39 PM
I dreamt I won a quarter of a million bucks, out of the blue, but on one condition: that I wore an anklet for the rest of my life.
Was it a pretty anklet? (Okay, okay, I know what you mean.)

Yeah, like Sandy I wouldn't do it either.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on August 31, 2020, 12:12:59 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2020, 09:43:39 PM
I dreamt I won a quarter of a million bucks, out of the blue, but on one condition: that I wore an anklet for the rest of my life.
Was it a pretty anklet? (Okay, okay, I know what you mean.)

Yeah, like Sandy I wouldn't do it either.

Not really. And they came in variable sizes: the smaller the fine print of the donation contract, the larger and more cumbersome the anklet.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

You know when you're sure you're dreaming a lot while asleep but can't remember any when you wake up?  :spooked:

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 15, 2020, 09:09:44 PM
You know when you're sure you're dreaming a lot while asleep but can't remember any when you wake up?  :spooked:
I know it all to well. There's been some changes in medication and now I can't remember any of my dreams but I know I had them as I woke up. They disappear quickly.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on September 16, 2020, 12:24:37 AM
I know it all to well. There's been some changes in medication and now I can't remember any of my dreams but I know I had them as I woke up. They disappear quickly.

Sort of what happens to me, sometimes. Other times I don't remember them after I wake, but I just know I dreamt about something.

I guess if they're nightmares then they're best forgotten. :shrug:

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 16, 2020, 01:32:29 AM
Quote from: Randy on September 16, 2020, 12:24:37 AM

Sort of what happens to me, sometimes. Other times I don't remember them after I wake, but I just know I dreamt about something.

I guess if they're nightmares then they're best forgotten. :shrug:
I agree. When I can remember a nightmare it is difficult to go back to sleep.

Tank

I scared myself shitless last night!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Shitless is the better outcome.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on September 21, 2020, 09:57:57 AM

You should remove that mirror from your bedroom.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 22, 2020, 04:39:22 AM

It's dark in my bedroom at night. But I suppose narcissists could sleep with their light on and have a mirror where they can see it  :f you:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on September 22, 2020, 08:33:53 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 22, 2020, 04:39:22 AM

It's dark in my bedroom at night. But I suppose narcissists could sleep with their light on and have a mirror where they can see it  :f you:

:sidesmile:

Actually, ceiling mirrors work quite well in the bedroom.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Has anyone else been having weirder than normal dreams lately?

Randy

Silver there is a medication I take (I forget which one as I have so many) that will cause strange dreams. How they figured that out I don't know. Anyway, my dreams can be weird although they make sense.

I'm able to calculate, modify a program, and several other things while I'm dreaming. That's a little weird to me.