News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 11, 2020, 01:23:09 AM
Quote from: Randy on June 10, 2020, 02:21:26 PM

I dreamed that my son was my brother.  :o

Odd.  Is there a resemblance, either physical or psychological?
There is none. In the dream, he looked just like I remembered him although I think he had black hair which I do but his mother has blond. Oddly enough, he has brown hair in real life. I think he also had facial hair in the dream, also black.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

I noticed something recurring in my dreams as of late. I keep dreaming that I'm a fast food worker. I woke up a couple of hours ago I guess and thought I was late for work. It was the Friday after Thanksgiving (in the USA) and I realized I was late by at least eight hours.

I seem to dream that I'm responsible for four restaurants in the cooking and keeping clean departments. I have only worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken as a teenager and no other fast food restaurants since. I also dream that I can afford a house and two new cars on my minimum wage salary.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

I had a dream last night where I was told I needed someone to take care of me.  I agreed that I needed a keeper and we started discussing the details of how and where.  It broke down when I insisted that Chloe the cat was non-negotiable.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I dreamt my dog was alive and well again.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2020, 02:46:44 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2020, 02:19:34 PM
I dreamt my dog was alive and well again.

:therethere:

Thanks, Tank.

My dreams are really odd because they're so real to me when I'm dreaming. So this morning I woke up and felt like she died all over again.  :(

Randy

That is sad, Silver. I dream about my parents a lot only to wake up to remember they both died. Still, I imagine it isn't the same of your loyal companion. Dogs are faithful to the end, people not so much.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 29, 2020, 01:29:15 AM
That is sad, Silver. I dream about my parents a lot only to wake up to remember they both died. Still, I imagine it isn't the same of your loyal companion. Dogs are faithful to the end, people not so much.

Sorry to hear about your parents, Randy.  :(

In my dog's case, I feel a lot of guilt. We took too long to finally make the decision to euthanise her so she needlessly suffered in the end.

Randy

I know she was old. What illness did she have if you don't mind me asking?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 29, 2020, 01:48:14 AM
I know she was old. What illness did she have if you don't mind me asking?

She gradually lost all motor function in her hind legs and control of her bowel movements and bladder. We don't know exactly what illness she had, because it would have cost us the equivalent of a thousand US dollars (at that time, around four years ago) to examine her spine and peripheral nerves. We didn't have that kind of money and since she was an old dog we decided to go with what the vet recommended and paid for few months of physiotherapy instead to try and see if that delayed or even reversed the gradual decline. It didn't really so we just tried to make her last few months as comfortable as possible, with painkillers and a children's mattress.

She hated that mattress.

Eventually when she started to refuse food we decided it was time to call the vet to put her out of her suffering.

Icarus

I feel your pain Silver.

I sometimes dream of my Bernese Mountain dog Teddy.  I too waited too long to have him mercifully euthanised.  I still love him and miss him.  But that goes for several of my other companion dogs.  There was Sailor the Australian Shepard,  Radar Sam, another Aussie, and a few others that I loved so dearly.  I desperately want to believe in the rainbow bridge.

Randy

It must hurt to euthanize an animal that's sick and on it's last leg. I've never had to go through it but I can only imagine. Even when a dog is suffering it is still a loyal companion it seems. I imagine it is heartbreaking.

When I was a teenager we had a dog named Frisky. Frisky loved my brother and every time the door would open he'd run to see if it was him. One day he had a heart attack waiting by the door. It wasn't my brother. I don't remember who it was now. He was a mess, always afraid of the house cat. The cat was bigger. But he was a lovable pup. He came to everyone for attention.

Randy

I took a nap on Sunday I think. In it I dreamed that one of my fillings was tuned into an erotic country music talk show radio station that played nothing but commercials. It eventually came visible in the form where I was in a 1950's grade-B movie. Then it got steamy, then we'd break to a commercial advertising some strip club.

It was quite wild and vivid. I attribute it to all the medication I take during the day.

Tank

Quote from: Randy on July 22, 2020, 01:13:20 AM
I took a nap on Sunday I think. In it I dreamed that one of my fillings was tuned into an erotic country music talk show radio station that played nothing but commercials. It eventually came visible in the form where I was in a 1950's grade-B movie. Then it got steamy, then we'd break to a commercial advertising some strip club.

It was quite wild and vivid. I attribute it to all the medication I take during the day.

I didn't know there was such a thing!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Give me time Tank. I'll invent one even though I don't like country music.