News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Geocaching.

Started by Tank, September 12, 2023, 04:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I know of one member who has been doing this for years. However yesterday quite unexpectedly and totally unplanned I had a go.

I was out for a walk with a friend who has a geocache app on her phone. She opened the app to show me and we turned out to be 50m away from a micro cache. We found that one, devilishly clever and hidden in plain sight! Then the next one was a couple of hundred metres away and on our way home. Found that one too! The the next one was in the woods a little way away. We've left that for next time. I suspect this could get addictive!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I did this with my grandkids several years ago. We ended up in cemeteries and some rather difficult places to get into. It was fun. They went through that phase, and I haven't done it since then, but would do it again if presented with the opportunity.

Tank

I'm off out in a minute to see if we can find the one we didn't look for yesterday.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Found this one. Now have the app on my phone :)

Recusant

It will get you to places you probably wouldn't have visited otherwise, and some of them are well worth visiting. Some others . . .  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

At the moment the ones I have found ar very local and I have walked past them unaware of their existence many times.