News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Started by Magdalena, August 12, 2020, 09:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

It's a 7,000 posts party for Recusant!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Well done! This place wouldn't be here without you!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Superb! Congratulations. This place wouldn't be the same without you. Here's hoping that you'll make another 7000. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dark Lightning

Tom62

Well done, up to the next 7000 posts
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

:smokin cool:  Thank you all for your kind words. It's only about 1.6 posts per day though.  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, Recusant! Here's to 7000 more! :cheers:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Rec, you are, by a fair estimate, our intellectual master of sciences and a variety of other subjects.  Thank you sincerely for your valuable contributions to this little forum. 

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2020, 01:49:12 AM
Rec, you are, by a fair estimate, our intellectual master of sciences and a variety of other subjects.  Thank you sincerely for your valuable contributions to this little forum.
If I were on the theist side I'd be scared to debate him! :)
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Recusant

Thank you again, and especially to Magdalena for the OP. I like the use of a tilde in the title.  :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on August 14, 2020, 04:55:29 AM
Thank you again, and especially to Magdalena for the OP. I like the use of a tilde in the title.  :sidesmile:

:hug:
My pleasure, Recusant.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

:this:

Gets out the soapbox for Magdalena to stand upon.