News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

That was a terrible accident. I wish him well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

That is bad news, I hope that he recovers.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

damn. hows the spinal cord?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sorry to hear this.  Can he move and feel his extremities?

Dark Lightning

Yikes! I really hope he comes out of it OK.

Biggus Dickus

Sorry to hear about your brother JJ...I wish him a speedy recovery.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 09, 2021, 02:03:30 PM

He can. They hope to move him from the hospital to inpatient physical therapy within a week. He'll be there for several months at least.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

Horrible floods in the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. The massive flooding that hit western Germany has killed at least 103 people and wiped out several houses. https://www.dw.com/en/death-toll-climbs-in-western-germany-flooding-live-updates/a-58284256
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

Wow, what a mess! Those poor people.

Tom62

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 16, 2021, 03:01:22 PM
Wow, what a mess! Those poor people.

The devastation is enormous. Thousands of people are still missing. I fear that we'll see more of these freak weather conditions in the future, caused by climate changes.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 09, 2021, 06:57:25 PM

He can. They hope to move him from the hospital to inpatient physical therapy within a week. He'll be there for several months at least.

How has he been progressing over the week?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 18, 2021, 04:35:10 AM

He did great the first day. Now he's slowed down a lot and I think is very low about poor progress.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 09, 2021, 04:45:44 AM
My brother was in a terrible accident today. He rolled his truck four times. Broken neck, broken back, broken sternum, and broken ribs. Every airbag deployed except his.
Horrifying! I've only just seen this. What news?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 09, 2021, 04:45:44 AM
My brother was in a terrible accident today. He rolled his truck four times. Broken neck, broken back, broken sternum, and broken ribs. Every airbag deployed except his.

Quote from: jumbojak on July 18, 2021, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 18, 2021, 04:35:10 AM

He did great the first day. Now he's slowed down a lot and I think is very low about poor progress.

:sshocked: Wow, that is indeed a terrible accident! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery (even if it takes a little longer than initially expected)!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey