News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Im going to hell

Started by Xiilent, March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

The Asmo's friends tend to send religious door-knockers to The Asmo, but, apparently, many of those types know each other and therefor know that The Asmo is to be avoided as even gazing upon His Grayness can cost you a ticket to heaven.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

fester30

Times like this I like to use their Bible against them.

Matthew 7:1-5.  "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

Luke 6:37.  "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"

John 8:7.  "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

Those three or any number of other passages would make a point.  The six denominations I attended frequently once upon a time all taught that judgment is reserved only for God.  We cannot determine heaven or hell for someone.

Asmodean

Quote from: fester30 on March 28, 2012, 04:11:07 AM
John 8:7.  "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
...so any one who does not acknowledge the concept of sin can throw stones with his blessing.  :D

HEY! The Book(tm) says atheists can legally stone people!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on March 28, 2012, 04:16:35 AM
John 8:7.  "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
...so any one who does not acknowledge the concept of sin can throw stones with his blessing.  :D

I never read it that way! Awesome!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Stevil

Pessimistic
Hell?
Where already in hell, lady!

Optimistic
No more guilt just pure pleasures of hell, I'm looking forward to that.

Dirty Harry style
I know what you're thinking: "10,000 religions, is Christianity the right one?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being that you are judged by god, the most powerful entity in the universe, and would blow your soul to hell, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?

Narcissistic
I don't go to hell, Hell comes to me.

The hospitable host
Me casa su casa

Sweetdeath

Lol!!
Exactly. I don't believe in the sin myth, so i can throw  away. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 28, 2012, 05:45:57 AM

Lol!!
Exactly. I don't believe in the sin myth, so i can throw  away. :)

Except it'd be a cold day in hell, pardon the pun, before I'd bet that anyone on this site would ever WANT to stone that woman even if we could. Go figure.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

QuoteRe: Im going to hell

Oh good, I've been waiting for someone making a trip there.
Can you pick me up a new hell snow globe?
I had the one with Lucifer poking priests with his pitchfork and the falling cinders.
Damn it, virgin sacrifices are so flighty these days, flailing about breaking your stuff.

Oh and don't forget to ask for your 20% HAF discount.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 28, 2012, 06:44:47 AM
QuoteRe: Im going to hell

Oh good, I've been waiting for someone making a trip there.
Can you pick me up a new hell snow globe?
I had the one with Lucifer poking priests with his pitchfork and the falling cinders.
Damn it, virgin sacrifices are so flighty these days, flailing about breaking your stuff.

Oh and don't forget to ask for your 20% HAF discount.

I would like some ice coffee. I have a "buy one, get one half off" coupon. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

:D hahaha.

Is it just me, or is puddin' extra funny today?

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: Stevil on March 28, 2012, 05:26:18 AM
The hospitable host
Me casa su casa

Best answer ever.

DJ - Pudding is extra funny every day. 

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on March 28, 2012, 04:09:39 PM
Quote from: Stevil on March 28, 2012, 05:26:18 AM
The hospitable host
Me casa su casa

Best answer ever.

DJ - Pudding is extra funny every day. 

I usually avoid the odd numbered days because they are disconcertingly pointy.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Xiilent on March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM
So, on saturday i was at a school function with a "friend" who is christian. I don't remember how things led up to this, but he just said completely bluntly "You're going to hell". I don't normally get mad about a religious debate, but for some reason that just got me really angry. The fact that he really truely believes that just blows my mind how naive someone can be. To accuse me of going to eternal misery just because I don't believe in his god. He's atheist to all the other religions gods, i just go one god further. I got that from Richard Dawkins if anyone didn't know that xD But anyway, am I right to be this mad about this? Obviously I'm not going to punch the kid, I'm just agitated. All i said after that was "it's people like you..." and i couldn't finish it because there wasn't really any one thing i could say at the moment. So yea. Has anything like this happened to anyone else, and what were your reactions?

I don't quite get why the typical Atheist takes this so personally.  It seems to me that by doing so, one puts more weight on the side of the belief rather on the side of rational thinking.  If Christianity is based on the whims of our own delusions in our mind, then why does it matter so much if one person or even a group of persons say/think *you're going to hell?

The reward of heaven is not based on being good, nor is hell's citizenship based on being bad.

DeterminedJuliet

AD, no matter how much "weight" we give to the belief, in that context, it's just not a nice thing to say.

If you and I were in an argument and I angrily said "you're going to get raped by goblins tonight!" It's mean. It doesn't make it true, but it's still a mean thing to say.

Edit: there's a difference between implying or calmly stating that you believe in hell and throwing it at someone in anger. I don't really blame Christians for the first scenario, but I do for the second. Anyone can control how they talk to someone and how they handle differing beliefs or conflict.

OldGit

Exactly, Juliet.  If I see a person with a Labour Party badge in their lapel, am I entitled to tell them they're a goddam commy who is destroying the country?   Even though I just know it's true?