News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

You choose...

Started by Tank, March 01, 2022, 09:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

The combination of cheese with mayonnaise sounds very adventurous. I think that I'll stick with butter.

Windows or Mac-OS?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Windows, because that is what I'm used to.  Does that make me a "PC" guy?

I am going to Palermo's Pasta House tonight with my wife.  It is in Round Rock, Texas, my home town, a cool little place north of Austin. I am in a quandary over what sauce to order to put over my spaghetti:  Bolognese or Carbonara?  Help!

Biggus Dickus

Sir, these two are not comparable, in fact I would go so far as to say carbonara is not even a sauce!

It's created directly on the cooked pasta. Ragu bolognese is a meaty preparation cooked well in advance of dressing the pasta (tagliatelle or lasagne verdi), and usable in different ways.

They also come from completely different traditions, and are used on different kinds of pasta (Though carbonara is usually used on spaghetti, so this may be the better choice for you tonight).

However. Bolognese is and should certainly be considered "nobler" then carbonara,...which by the way is just a handful of cured pork, a couple of eggs, and some grated pecorino.

As for which is "better,"...it depends where you are, and what you like. Me, I'm going bolognese!

You're stuck on a 12 flight from Korea to the US, and you get a choice of seat-mates. Who is it going to be:

A Christian Missionary coming back from her first trip abroad saving souls?

A person on their first flight, who every time the plane makes a noise grabs your arm with their nails, and say's   "Oooh, that didn't sound right did it"?

The stinky feet, take off their shoes, snorer who's drunk before you even take off and is constantly talking out load about stupid shit to no one in particular? (Not our No-one)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

On a flight that long, you may be able to persuade the missionary lady that she has been misinformed about the Jesus thing. Failing that you may have to strangle her........... or maybe buy her enough booze to make her sleep.

Tequila or Vodka?

Ecurb Noselrub

I like both, but probably the nod goes to Vodka. 

Papa, I chose Bolognese last night, and I was thrilled beyond words to see that you, also, would go that route.

It is the year 2250.  Medical science has developed to the point that it can manipulate genes even after birth to allow you to have some attribute that you did not have before. All babies are born completely neuter and must choose their sex/gender at the age of 16. What do you choose to be - male or female?

billy rubin

if we can manipulat genes to that extent, i would want to be a male . . . sperm whale.

i actually wouldnt mind being female, but th ewhale thing is because i love the sea and like calamari. plus im curious as to what th eocean is like way down as deep as they go.

would hate to end up as dog food in japan tho.

sailing or powerboating?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2022, 10:02:53 PM
if we can manipulat genes to that extent, i would want to be a male . . . sperm whale.

i actually wouldnt mind being female, but th ewhale thing is because i love the sea and like calamari. plus im curious as to what th eocean is like way down as deep as they go.

would hate to end up as dog food in japan tho.

sailing or powerboating?

Sailing,...I can see myself sitting at the helm, with the sun setting out on the horizon, with none of these adult issues that I have currently on my mind, and maybe singing along with the following song to myself.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Crosby, Stills, & Nash

or

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Both have their strong points, but I like the Young version. Songs like "Helpless" and "Country Girl" don't exist without his assistance. Not to mention "Ohio."

Visit China or visit Japan?

Tom62

I've seen parts of China in 1996, but only visited Tokyo on a business trip. So, I settle for Japan because I don't want to support a country that violates human rights.

Having to listen to a speech of Joe Biden or an ABBA greatest hits album.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

umm, just sayin, japan has a long history of human rights violations.

unit 731 comes to mind.

or the current erasure of their treatment of chinese and koreans during the last war. japan has a rich cultural heritage, but a big part of that is their sense of racial superiority over the rest of the world and currently an entitlement complex because they were atom bombed in 1945.

i would rather listen to abba than biden. now you can too:

wool or cotton? why?

Dark Lightning

Cotton. I'm allergic to wool.

Gas or electric for heating?

Ecurb Noselrub

Electric.  1) I'm used to it; 2) I always have a slight fear that everything will blow up with gas; 3) better for the environment (assuming the electricity itself does not come from a fossil fuel plant).

You decide to learn a new language to put yourself in a better position to travel, learn new cultures, and explore new business opportunities. What language do you learn: Spanish or Mandarin?

Tank

Manderin so I could visit China and not rely on translators.

BMW or Mercedes?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

BMW

Visit the stars, or the ocean depths?

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2022, 08:49:22 PMManderin so I could visit China and not rely on translators.

BMW or Mercedes?

you're back.

i was wondering this afternoon whether that was going to happen.

good to see you.

if you learn cantonese you could visit in the south where they dont speak mandarin unless the assholes from up in beijing make them. or anywhere in south east asia.