News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i thinl all the time. sometimes i think about people who dont like mezcal.

is it the worm?

i detest sugar and when something is sweet i generally dont drink it unless its something im habituated to, like orange juice. but i cant do pineapple juice.

i like bushmills irish whiskey but cant drink tullamore dew or that thing with the green label.

jameson.

or bourbons.

i dont know much about whiskeys because i cant afford to try out tbe single malt stuff.

but mezcal agrees with me somehow. i need to ecpand my repertoire there

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

Dark Lightning

Single malts are scotch. Bourbons are made from corn squeezins. I'm currently imbibing on a Samuel Adam's Boston Lager, and there was a nip of Old #7, previously... Jack Daniels, for the uninitiated. I have to be careful with scotch; I suffer the effects even into the following day, unlike cognac or corn (or rye) squeezins.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

Cheap booze will make you stupid the same as high priced booze and visa versa.  In my case, I opt for the cheap stuff as a matter of budget constraint.  My local giant grocery Chain has separate liqueur stores, often directly adjoined to the grocery store but with separate entrance doors.  (Dumb ass Florida Laws forced into place by good and holy Chistian legislators)

It is a matter of fact that much of the American branded alcoholic spirit is actually made in Canada. In my case I usually buy a brand of blended whiskey labeled Canadian Club.

billy rubin

i shall test it, and return forthwith to render judgment.

Ecurb Noselrub

French Bourgogne wine. Feelin' mellow.

Dark Lightning

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on February 02, 2022, 03:29:25 AM
Cheap booze will make you stupid the same as high priced booze and visa versa.  In my case, I opt for the cheap stuff as a matter of budget constraint.  My local giant grocery Chain has separate liqueur stores, often directly adjoined to the grocery store but with separate entrance doors.  (Dumb ass Florida Laws forced into place by good and holy Chistian legislators)

It is a matter of fact that much of the American branded alcoholic spirit is actually made in Canada. In my case I usually buy a brand of blended whiskey labeled Canadian Club.

I worked about 3-1/2 years on and off in Florida, from '01-'07. I don't recall not being able to buy boozores in the grocery stores, but then I do remember that there were two ABC liquor stores, approximately across town in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral. It's obviously been awhile since I was there. Sounds like Idaho, in a way. I lived there for about 2 years. They have state-run liquor stores with set hours. Sundays, they were closed. One could buy beer or wine pretty much anywhere, like convenience stores or the big retail chains.

Icarus

^ Times have changed DL.. I live in Polk county.  Thirty... forty years ago it was a dry county. Church folk don't you know. We finally came to our senses and figured out that the county line was only minutes away. There were titty bars at the county line too. We had to keep our wayward menfolk away from those dens of iniquity.

Time marches on. Our county began to allow liquor sales at approved hours, certainly not on the Sabbath day.  The hours loosened so that the common man could buy booze after working hours.  Now the huge Publix grocery chain has liquor stores near almost every one of their grocery stores.  The rules still prohibit grocery stores from selling hard liquor.  Beer and wine OK, not hard stuff.  Solution; build a wall between the grocery store and the booze store.  Stupid rule but it works for Publix.

We Florida folk must be winos. The display of wines in the grocery section is at least 100 feet long and six feet high. In addition, the liquor stores, next door, have a large display of wines.

Our churchy friends are really suffering.  The liquor availability is no longer compromised.  At present there are loud hues and cries about removing suggestive books from middle and high school libraries. We are also really uptight about anything that even remotely resembles CRT.

Too damned cold in Vermont, or I might move there.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Icarus on February 11, 2022, 02:23:15 AM
^ Times have changed DL.. I live in Polk county.  Thirty... forty years ago it was a dry county. Church folk don't you know. We finally came to our senses and figured out that the county line was only minutes away. There were titty bars at the county line too. We had to keep our wayward menfolk away from those dens of iniquity.

Time marches on. Our county began to allow liquor sales at approved hours, certainly not on the Sabbath day.  The hours loosened so that the common man could buy booze after working hours.  Now the huge Publix grocery chain has liquor stores near almost every one of their grocery stores.  The rules still prohibit grocery stores from selling hard liquor.  Beer and wine OK, not hard stuff.  Solution; build a wall between the grocery store and the booze store.  Stupid rule but it works for Publix.

We Florida folk must be winos. The display of wines in the grocery section is at least 100 feet long and six feet high. In addition, the liquor stores, next door, have a large display of wines.

Our churchy friends are really suffering.  The liquor availability is no longer compromised.  At present there are loud hues and cries about removing suggestive books from middle and high school libraries. We are also really uptight about anything that even remotely resembles CRT.

More Americans have been enabled to be impulsively greedy consumers via alcohol while being groomed since childhood into becoming adult worker drones without leisure time for intellectual growth nor freethought to keep corrupt elites wealthier and more powerful than most people internationally. These worker drones allow these suggestive books to be taken away from school libraries. Because they are cowards to knowledge that offends their echo chambers and feelings. They use the rhetorical "think about the children" excuse to promote their echo chambers by keeping specific knowledge away from children. This is what keeps them weak intellectually. Unfortunately, America is known for anti-intellectualism, illiteracy, and low I.Q's because of corrupt elites dehumanizing working class Americans for profit and power since America became a country. So, not I am not surprised this controversy of suggestive books in school libraries exists in America. I say this as a creative writer who prefers freedom for thinking and writing rather than be an elite's dehumanized worker drone treated like disposable physical labor without much intellectual growth nor respect. I don't trust anyone who pretentiously tries to make children not know what adults do. Because ignorance is dangerous. It is what makes history repeat itself. People who actually care about improving our world do not make children ignorant. Because the path to hell is paved with good intentions. We would not be able to have our modern medicine, technologies, and other things used for letting people thrive if we blindly followed orders and traditions by keeping our children in the dark. Allowing children to be smarter by challenging them instead of letting misguided feelings and echo chambers keep their intellectual growth stagnated helped societies evolve.

I am going to drink a protein shake with banana and coconut in it.

Magdalena

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 11, 2022, 03:27:05 AM
More Americans have been enabled to be impulsively greedy consumers via alcohol while being groomed since childhood into becoming adult worker drones without leisure time for intellectual growth nor freethought to keep corrupt elites wealthier and more powerful than most people internationally. These worker drones allow these suggestive books to be taken away from school libraries. Because they are cowards to knowledge that offends their echo chambers and feelings. They use the rhetorical "think about the children" excuse to promote their echo chambers by keeping specific knowledge away from children. This is what keeps them weak intellectually. Unfortunately, America is known for anti-intellectualism, illiteracy, and low I.Q's because of corrupt elites dehumanizing working class Americans for profit and power since America became a country. So, not I am not surprised this controversy of suggestive books in school libraries exists in America. I say this as a creative writer who prefers freedom for thinking and writing rather than be an elite's dehumanized worker drone treated like disposable physical labor without much intellectual growth nor respect. I don't trust anyone who pretentiously tries to make children not know what adults do. Because ignorance is dangerous. It is what makes history repeat itself. People who actually care about improving our world do not make children ignorant. Because the path to hell is paved with good intentions. We would not be able to have our modern medicine, technologies, and other things used for letting people thrive if we blindly followed orders and traditions by keeping our children in the dark. Allowing children to be smarter by challenging them instead of letting misguided feelings and echo chambers keep their intellectual growth stagnated helped societies evolve.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on February 11, 2022, 02:23:15 AM

When I was in the Navy, I had my job training in Illinois. We weren't far from Wisconsin, and used to drive up to Kenosha to get boozores. We could only get beer (or maybe wine?) on base.

Dark Lightning

I realize that it might be asking a lot, but could you maybe focus on answering one question at a time, and not going off on several tangents?

Off topic- do you post as "Proletarian Banner", elsewhere?

TheFightSong

Quote from: Magdalena on February 11, 2022, 03:55:20 AM

Protein, coconuts, and bananas are healthy. That's why.

Also, I was commenting on what Icarus was talking about with the anti-freethought mentality of removing "suggestive" books from school libraries.