News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 10, 2021, 12:13:22 PM

one month from today last year the first frogs were calling

11 months ago then?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2021, 02:35:13 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on February 10, 2021, 12:13:22 PM

one month from today last year the first frogs were calling

11 months ago then?

yes. i think

i suppose that was needlessly obscure, but its how my head works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTKV4BjrB4&feature=youtu.be

there's a chorus frog in there with the peepers too. he's th eone with the call that sounds like you running your fingernail across a plastic comb

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Nothing...as this past December I celebrated 7 years sober.  8) Yeah!!!

Since I been working from home the last 11 months I've been drinking an incredible amount of coffee...I mean like "Lots"!

I also drink a lot of tea, but my coffee consumption has been crazy....so much so that back in January I put myself on a somewhat strict regime to try and wean me off the stuff some.

The main problem is that we have one of those Kuerig machines, and it just makes it so damn easy to get a fresh, hot coffee...just replace the pod and push a button.

I mean I can do that all day!

Anyway most day's I don't allow myself coffee after 1230 or 1500, which ever comes first, and so I'm drinking more tea, both caffeinated and decaf.

Plus water, lots of water.

...oh and kombucha, me likes kombucha.  8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 11, 2021, 04:03:18 PM

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

This will be my last review of French wines.  I've had some requests, but I'm going to write it, anyway. 

Today's offering is a 2016 Brouilly (pronounced sort of "brew-yee") from Hospices de Belleville, and bottled by Joseph Drouhin.  Brouilly is part of the Beaujolais region, and this wine features Gamay grapes from volcanic soil.  It is a lighter bodied red wine with 13% ABV.  It has hints of strawberry in the nose, and is smoothly drinkable. It has a touch more tannins than the Bordeaux from last week, but not overpowering. It would pair well with lighter cheeses and perhaps pork or lamb dishes.  It gets a 6.5 on the EN scale.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 12, 2021, 06:41:46 PM
This will be my last review of French wines.  ...
No...!
Please continue!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2021, 07:58:15 PM
No...!
Please continue!

Seriously?  I don't want to offend you.  You might turn me into a cat.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 12, 2021, 07:59:35 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2021, 07:58:15 PM
No...!
Please continue!

Seriously?  I don't want to offend you.  You might turn me into a cat.

Oh, come on, everyone thought it was funny the last time I turned you into an orange newt.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 11, 2021, 04:32:05 PM

Thanks Mags...I appreciate your acknowledgment:)

Speaking of coffee. Did you know a giraffe's coffee would be cold by the time it reached the bottom of its throat...did you ever think about that folks?
No?
Only thinking about yourelves. :-[
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 12, 2021, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 11, 2021, 04:32:05 PM

Thanks Mags...I appreciate your acknowledgment:)
Of course!
That is a huge achievement. It is to be applauded and celebrated.

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 12, 2021, 08:45:19 PM
Speaking of coffee. Did you know a giraffe's coffee would be cold by the time it reached the bottom of its throat...did you ever think about that folks?
No?
Only thinking about yourelves. :-[

xSilverPhinx

Since I been working from home the last 11 months I've been drinking an incredible amount of coffee...I mean like "Lots"!

I also drink a lot of tea, but my coffee consumption has been crazy....so much so that back in January I put myself on a somewhat strict regime to try and wean me off the stuff some.

The main problem is that we have one of those Kuerig machines, and it just makes it so damn easy to get a fresh, hot coffee...just replace the pod and push a button.

I mean I can do that all day!

Anyway most day's I don't allow myself coffee after 1230 or 1500, which ever comes first, and so I'm drinking more tea, both caffeinated and decaf.

Plus water, lots of water.

...oh and kombucha, me likes kombucha.  8)

That's excellent, PB! Well done! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2021, 08:13:17 PM

Oh, come on, everyone thought it was funny the last time I turned you into an orange newt.

Since I live under an implied threat from Magdalena, I will continue my French wine review until she releases me. I'm afraid she will sacrifice me to some Central American volcano goddess or worse.

On this fine, chilly Sunday afternoon, I am sampling a 2018 Bordeaux from Chateau Saint-Sulpice.  It is made from a blend of Merlot, Cabernet and Malbec grapes. This wine has a dark purple color, medium body, and is 14.2% ABV.  I've decided that Bordeaux wines are my favorite.  I remember liking them when I lived in France for 9 months in the mid-70s, and now that my palate has matured I like them even more. Light on tannins, it is smooth and quite drinkable. There is a hint of cassis and spice that gives the drinker a pleasant experience. It would pair well with sharper cheeses and beef.  It merits an 8, and is not too expensive, so it's a bargain in my book.

billy rubin

bruce, what is your opinion of the relative merits of french wines versus american wines of the same genetics?

what distinghushes them. if anything?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 14, 2021, 07:11:03 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2021, 08:13:17 PM

Since I live under an implied threat from Magdalena, I will continue my French wine review until she releases me. I'm afraid she will sacrifice me to some Central American volcano goddess or worse.

I think you're a bit too flammable, with all that wine, for a Central American volcano goddess sacrifice.
:notsure: