News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 04, 2021, 03:52:29 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on February 04, 2021, 01:24:23 AM
lol

i know nothing about wine but this is fun.

and to be honest im interested in the vocabularuy. i worked a farmers market stall for a number of years next to a highly discerning cheesemonger, and i tried to learn as much from him as i could.

similar supertasting stuff

I love cheese.  Right now my favorites are Manchego (aged 12 months), Kerrygold Blarney Castle, and regular old farmer's cheese.  I go through stages on what I like.

I love cheese too. Jarlsberg. Sharp cheddar. Fresh mozzarella. Plain-old processed Kraft singles melted in a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum. The finest thing in life.

Billy, your post about your all-meat diet reminded me of my kitty-corner backyard neighbors growing up. Whenever the dad wanted to lose weight, he'd eat only steak and bacon and nothing else. He had great success. Sounded delicious but a little monotonous. I refuse to give up bread. Or beer. Quality of life and all. You'll pry my IPA from my cold dead hands.

I'm currently drinking a shitty low-cal "IPA" Dogfish Head makes. Pretty bad. The only good low-cal  pale ales or IPAs I've had are Good Behavior from O'Dell and Bell's Light Hearted and some stuff whose name I've forgotten when we visited England.

Anne D.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 02, 2021, 08:56:30 PM
Cold Cola on a hot day.  :hammock:

Yes, nothing more delicious than the occasional guilty Coke.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: Anne D. on February 06, 2021, 05:18:07 AM
Billy, your post about your all-meat diet reminded me of my kitty-corner backyard neighbors growing up. Whenever the dad wanted to lose weight, he'd eat only steak and bacon and nothing else. He had great success. Sounded delicious but a little monotonous. I refuse to give up bread. Or beer. Quality of life and all. You'll pry my IPA from my cold dead hands.

I'm currently drinking a shitty low-cal "IPA" Dogfish Head makes. Pretty bad. The only good low-cal  pale ales or IPAs I've had are Good Behavior from O'Dell and Bell's Light Hearted and some stuff whose name I've forgotten when we visited England.

ah

in my case if i cut carbz out of my diet and also just reduce calriez in general, i can lose 2 to 3 pounds per week, continuously.

im not a meat fan so a steak and bacon diet would drive me nuts. ive eaten one steak in the last 30 years that i can remember and it was not a pleasant meal for me.

but a good IPA is hard to pass up. i juzt stay away from anywhere that might tempt me to transgress. although i would make an exception for samual smiths imperial stout. but i have to drive over a hundred miles in any direction to find any of that

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

This afternoon we will review a 2017 Beaujolais-Villages from Louis Jadot.  I am familiar with this wine so I knew I would be fine with it. I needed a sure bet after the last review's debacle. I'm still recovering from that trauma. Beaujolais is a region of Bourgogne (Burgundy), a bit north of Lyon.  The wine is 100% Gamay grape. It is light, fruity, low in tannins, and pairs well with mild cheese.  I had some with a simple Farmer's Cheese and it was perfectly acceptable. There is a hint of spice, which makes it slightly saucy.  My dad first introduced me to Beaujolais when he treated my wife and I to dinner at Antoine's in New Orleans in the early 80's. It's not pretentious at all - just sip and enjoy.  6 on the EN scale, which is better than average.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 06, 2021, 06:16:59 AM

Shoots him dead just like one of America's finest Patriots would do....I believed this bit called the "Cheese Shop" aired in 1972 0r 73'. Seems so in touch almost 50 years later.

It is a great bit though. 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Ecurb Noselrub

Enough work - time for a French Wine Review.  Today it is a 2011 Bordeaux from Chateau du Haut-Queray.  Bordeaux is in Southwest France. I was pleased with this wine. It is a deep, dark red with some notes of cassis (black current), and while it is full-bodied, it is also quite smooth and velvety.  It has no harsh tannic aftertaste.  I paired it with some Manchego and was happy with the result. It gets an 8.

Remember: Un repas sans vin est comme une journée sans soleil

billy rubin

not a lot of them journees avec soleil arond here today

wife spent last night in town again

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 10, 2021, 03:21:43 AM
not a lot of them journees avec soleil arond here today

wife spent last night in town again

Beautiful scenery...from afar :grin:

billy rubin

one month from today last year the first frogs were calling

Ecurb Noselrub

The Polar Vortex dips down into Central Texas this week.  Time for a roaring fire, a good book (currently reading "Lincoln" by Gore Vidal), and a smooth cognac.