News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Mr. Uppity here.  From now on "EN" stands for "Elitist Nose" instead of Ecurb Noselrub.  This evening I am reviewing a 2016 Chateauneuf-du-Pape by E. Guigal. This is a Rhone Valley wine from Southeast France.  It has a garnet red color and 15% ABV. There is nothing especially remarkable about the aroma, but the taste is quite pleasant. It has a medium body, and a slightly metallic or citrus note that is surprisingly good. There are darker red fruits in the mix, as well. It does have a bit of a tannic finish. On the Burleson Wine Scale (1-10) it merits a 7. It cost $25.00, so 7 means you get about your money's worth, but no more. 

EN

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 02, 2021, 12:12:52 AM
Mr. Uppity here.  From now on "EN" stands for "Elitist Nose".  This evening I am reviewing a 2016 Chateauneuf-du-Pape by E. Guigal. This is a Rhone Valley wine from Southeast France.  It has a garnet red color and 15% ABV. There is nothing especially remarkable about the aroma, but the taste is quite pleasant. It has a medium body, and a slightly metallic or citrus note that is surprisingly good. There are darker red fruits in the mix, as well. It does have a bit of a tannic finish. On the Burleson Wine Scale (1-10) it merits a 7. It cost $25.00, so 7 means you get about your money's worth, but no more.
I don't buy anything unless it comes in a jug marked XXX. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Randy on February 02, 2021, 12:14:38 AM
Mr. Uppity here.  From now on "EN" stands for "Elitist Nose".  This evening I am reviewing a 2016 Chateauneuf-du-Pape by E. Guigal. This is a Rhone Valley wine from Southeast France.  It has a garnet red color and 15% ABV. There is nothing especially remarkable about the aroma, but the taste is quite pleasant. It has a medium body, and a slightly metallic or citrus note that is surprisingly good. There are darker red fruits in the mix, as well. It does have a bit of a tannic finish. On the Burleson Wine Scale (1-10) it merits a 7. It cost $25.00, so 7 means you get about your money's worth, but no more.
I don't buy anything unless it comes in a jug marked XXX. :)

Are there adult video CD's taped to it?

Magdalena

Mr. Uppity here.  From now on "EN" stands for "Elitist Nose" instead of Ecurb Noselrub.  ...
Awww, look, it's Mr. Uppity, formerly known as  Professor Fancy Pants...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

I had forgotten about that nickname.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

finished my last guinness

now its no alcohol for billy until i lose about 20 pounds

race dates for the land speed machine in july and august have just been published, and i need to lose a minimum of 16 pounds to fit into my leathers.  more is better

so i'm back to eating meat again. no carbs-- no bread, no rice, no sugar, no pasta, no grains, no potatoes, no fruits, no root vegetables, nothing that has non dietary carbohydrates in it. lots of dark greens, unlimited eggs (eggs are free), hard cheeses, nuts, and lower fat meats. its not really a hardship because i don't like most carbs anyway. but i gain weight in early winter because i drink like a fish

and less of everything. when my trousers start to fall off my hips again i'll be getting close

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

I don't actually drink a lot of alcohol. None to twice and week, a beer, a whiskey or glass of wine. I've actually told my family not to buy me beer or spirits for birthdays or Christmas as I have some bottles of spirits over two years old.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

This morning I'm drinking coffee which is Breakfast Blend, kind of light, with chocolate creamer. I can't taste the chocolate however.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

This evening the selection is another Chateauneuf du Pape (New chateau of the Pope) Rhone Valley red wine - a 2016 Bosquet des Papes (Popes' Grove) from Earl Boiron.  It has a deep red color and an ABV of 15%.  That's the last good thing I'll say about it.  I spent $45 for this bottle, expecting something in return.  I got nothing.  It is way too tannic for my palate. You can smell the harshness.  I'll give it a 4 just for the ABV.  I won't have to drink much of it to get a bit of a buzz.  Do not buy this wine (you probably weren't going to do that, anyway). 

billy rubin

lol

i know nothing about wine but this is fun.

and to be honest im interested in the vocabularuy. i worked a farmers market stall for a number of years next to a highly discerning cheesemonger, and i tried to learn as much from him as i could.

similar supertasting stuff

Dark Lightning

Beer. But I have to cut back/quit because of my esophagus-to-stomach valve (hiatal sphincter?) leaking after a lifetime of shithead management-induced stress. I don't enjoy a buzz that much, (and nobody needs to tell me to smoke anything). That leads to an even shorter lifespan, in my family.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on February 04, 2021, 01:24:23 AM
lol

i know nothing about wine but this is fun.

and to be honest im interested in the vocabularuy. i worked a farmers market stall for a number of years next to a highly discerning cheesemonger, and i tried to learn as much from him as i could.

similar supertasting stuff

I love cheese.  Right now my favorites are Manchego (aged 12 months), Kerrygold Blarney Castle, and regular old farmer's cheese.  I go through stages on what I like.

billy rubin

manchego is one of my favorites as well

plus stilton

theres a lot to knowxaboutcheese that i dont know

Icarus

Here is an article that explores wine chemistry.  It is revealing and perhaps a useful guide to knowing what is in a nice wine or rot gut wine as the case may be.

Way back in the day I had a favorite wine that was made in Yugoslavia.  It was modestly priced ( cheap) and was  most satisfying.  Yugoslavia?  Yep. It was really nice wine for about seven dollars.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-science-behind-your-cheap-wine?utm_source=pocket-newtab