News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2021, 01:14:56 AM
Supporting illegal wax smuggling by helping an impoverished village.  Not the sexiest thing, but that was pre-9/11 when the Texas-Mexico border was, in places, pretty wild. No Country for Old Men.

Oh, so that's why the Batik Artist's Guild erected a statue in your honour,
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 20, 2021, 03:45:59 AM
Supporting illegal wax smuggling by helping an impoverished village.  Not the sexiest thing, but that was pre-9/11 when the Texas-Mexico border was, in places, pretty wild. No Country for Old Men.

:lol:

I did a batik print(?) in my teens in the '60s, in an art class. All I remember is that I had a bitch of a time getting the wax out of the cloth.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 01:19:06 AM
is wax smuggling a thing?

It was in the 80's.  Not now. Candelilla plants create a natural wax that ranchers and others in the US used.  It grew in north Mexico and was processed there. Some villages survived on it.

Randy

My caregiver put Hershey's chocolate coffee creamer in a French vanilla cappuccino which she wasn't supposed to do. It's delicious however and hope she keeps making that mistake.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Will the statue end up in Madame Tussaud's museum?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 21, 2021, 03:57:46 PM
My caregiver put Hershey's chocolate coffee creamer in a French vanilla cappuccino which she wasn't supposed to do. It's delicious however and hope she keeps making that mistake.

Damn that sounds good!  :yum:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2021, 11:35:55 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 21, 2021, 03:57:46 PM

Damn that sounds good!  :yum:
It is good and the nice thing about it is that it doesn't leave an aftertaste for me. Most food and drink leaves a bad one and I usually either chew a piece of gum or brush my teeth to get rid of it.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 21, 2021, 08:26:36 PM

Will the statue end up in Madame Tussaud's museum?

:thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Randy

This morning I'm not completely sure. My caregiver picked up a box of K-Cups while she was out shopping yesterday. The coffee has a rich, robust flavor. She made it for me this morning so I haven't seen what it is yet. Whatever it is, I'll have her get it again.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm experimenting with French wines. Today's selection is Gabriel d'Ardhuy, a 2017 Bourgogne Pinot Noir.  All selections are Appellation D'Origine Controlee.

Ecurb Noselrub

In honor of the new White House Press Secretary, Jen Psaki, I have created the Gin Sake.  It is 2 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin, 1 part Gekkeikan Sake, a couple of teaspoons of Luxardo cherry syrup (in honor of her beautiful red hair) and one Luxardo cherry from the same jar (in honor of, well, you know).  The Sake is a bit like Vermouth, so it needs less than the Gin.  Shaken with ice and poured into a Martini glass.  It is essentially a Martini, but I think Jen Psaki would approve.  I don't know why I think this, but I do.

Today I am also reviewing my French Wine du jour. It is a Cotes du Rhone from E. Guigal. It was quite pleasing to the palate, and had no bitter aftertaste. I am becoming a fan of French wine.

Icarus

Hmphh! Ecurb is becoming rather uppity with his elitist tastes for the blessings of the vines.  ;D 

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 31, 2021, 12:13:37 AM
Hmphh! Ecurb is becoming rather uppity with his elitist tastes for the blessings of the vines.  ;D

May Dionysus, Bless His Plump Cabernet Grapes, forgive his uppity-ness.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Uppity-ness...Must be something in the French wines. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey